Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ruins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the book a long while back and enjoyed it, but I went to see the movie with my girlfriend and actually walked out because of how gory it was. I think I'm getting squeamish in my old age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Reminds me of an old B-movie :P Really, really bad lol.

http://www.justin.tv/humanlabrat

That's nothing. Now that it's spring, you should see MY eyes.
    Sheesh, that was fairly disturbing...

Quote Originally Posted by LLeopardGGecko View Post
    I read the book a long while back and enjoyed it, but I went to see the movie with my girlfriend and actually walked out because of how gory it was. I think I'm getting squeamish in my old age
    I dont blame you..... :X

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently." –Bill Watterson
    "Humankind is a man standing atop a pyramid while slowly chipping away at its foundation. " -Me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm getting squeamish in my old age
    Come on dude, you're 22!

You should watch Devil's Rejects
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    Why is it always Native Americans that have evil locked up in their temples, or their burial grounds. When was the last time you saw a movie about a nice medieval German castle with true evil locked up in it.
    I think the preponderance of "indian" cultures in these types of films has more to do with the Western fixation on primitivism and the alien notion of living close to the earth than it does any sort of elitism or racist stereotypes. Westerners today are afraid of going out at night without a flashlight; drop a few into some spooky, abandoned gravesite without any 911 responders or tourist guides handy and you're well on your way to traumatizing some white people.
    ~Joe

PS - It had always more seemed to me that, particularly with the Native-American-themed plots, that the natives were the ones who were wise enough to subdue these great evils and seal them away in the first place. And often, it turns out that those same natives (or their descendents) know how to put down the bogeyman when it rises again. A staple of the horror genre seems to be the unsuspecting-heroes-vs-nature's-indiscriminate-wrath archetype (usually in the form of some weird monster things.) It's all about our fear of that which is larger/unknown/older/incomprehensible.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other cultures ARE more interesting. That's why they call us crackers, because we're bland I guess. I'm not going outside at night. There are bears out there.

People dieing after they eat wild mushrooms isn't that unbelievable lol. I just watched the trailer. I wonder how many retards will eat shrooms them watch that movie and have a bad time lmao. I guess like everything else that goes wrong, it seemed like a good idea at the time lmao.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    Come on dude, you're 22!

You should watch Devil's Rejects
    I know, I know, but for some reason, over the past few years, I've developed the uncanny knack for feeling feint whenever I'm bearing witness to needles, incisions, etc. I can usually read about that stuff, or even play video games that contain it, but real life and movies are just out of the question.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my word. He he you would never make it in my line of work. LOL

I think Clint is right. For the most part the "white" culture is balnd and boring. Unless your a young person and not afraid to get out and break the norm.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree that any culture that is not your own is often more interesting, why do we have to look at them with so many misconceptions. For instance someone seedjar mentioned how we perceive "Indians" to be closer to nature and being "primitive," though if you examine the group currently discussed the Maya you will see that at their height they were way ahead of Europe in math, astronomy, a calender system, etc... Though considering them close to nature or the earth would be inherently incorrect, as if you look into the most widely accepted reason for the collapse of the Classic Maya its due to over exploitation of the land failing to allow adequate fallow periods before fields were reused. I am sorry but I still view things like these movies as one more aspect of colonialism where were keep the native primitive and repressed.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast