Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ruins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse The Ruins!

Antagonist: Flesh-eating plants
    Protagonists: Four college-bound students.
    + One ancient Mayan Temple

Do the math!
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of an old B-movie :P Really, really bad lol.

http://www.justin.tv/humanlabrat

That's nothing. Now that it's spring, you should see MY eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it always Native Americans that have evil locked up in their temples, or their burial grounds. When was the last time you saw a movie about a nice medieval German castle with true evil locked up in it.

LOL

I had to have my little rant it bothers me that its always the new world natives that unleash evil upon the "white man".
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the answer is that we don't need to look to a fictional, supernatural world to see the evil that white men, such as those Germans, have unleashed. There's no need to respond with examples of evil by brown, black, yellow or green men or women. We know already.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that a huge part of it is the fact that human sacrifice fasinates us as humans, though we dont like to look at all the examples from our past so we use the past of people we consider someone else. Also there is a certain amount of mystery around the Maya since there huge cities were lost for so long once the jungle covered them. But still I want to see a movie about an evil that Europeans unleashed, though a movie about smallpox and colonialism doesn't count.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean Hitler didn't have a castle or two?

2012! Woo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktulu View Post
    Why is it always Native Americans that have evil locked up in their temples, or their burial grounds. When was the last time you saw a movie about a nice medieval German castle with true evil locked up in it.

LOL

I had to have my little rant it bothers me that its always the new world natives that unleash evil upon the "white man".
    I watched this yesterday, and it's not that the natives have evil in their temple, they are trying to contain the plants from spreading all over.
    “I don’t at all like knowing what people say of me behind my back. It makes me far too conceited.”
    —Oscar Wilde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the evil flowers gotta come from somewhere, and it's dumb when they come from the wrong places (geographically) if there are any sort of natural counterparts. There's a movie "Shrooms" about evil magic mushroms that grow in Ireland and peple die when they eat em - a more interesting (and convincing) story could be made with the location being in Mexico.

I don't think it's racist to have the weird things like spirits, plant monsters, etc. linked to natives or "non-white" cultures since the western culture has been strip mined of all our own magic and mythology by the church. It's other cultures who are more interesting, unknown and generally stimulating than our own bland homogenous culture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast