What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most treasured plant?

What is your most treasured plant? Mine is my new N. x ventrata, but may soon be my future Ceph.

SN850770.jpg

Mine changes as I get into the hobby. In order of treasuredness:

101_0120.jpg

Drosera_capensis.jpg

AF002801.jpg

AR000102.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

My most treasured plant is a seed-grown N. macrophylla as pictured in my current avatar. It is slowly recovering from a fungus attack and it lacks pitchers at the moment.

tri-growth point 7 year old merrilliana from seed

My most treasured plant is N. hamata.

It doesn't have any pitchers on it. It looked like it was going to die so I took an emergency cutting (which rotted), but the plant pulled through and activated 3 nodes. Slooooooow grower though, so I think it'll be a while before I see any pitchers.

good question...

mine changes the further i get into the hobby and the more places/people/things i see...at them moment my fav's are probably either my N. jacquelineae, which i had coveted for as long as i've been into cps and finally got, my N. ventricosa, the first cp i ever got, my S. oreophila/leucophylla/alabamensis yearlings, which are either endangered or 5" tall, or my S. alata "white flower" that was picked out for me by Peter D'Amato at his nursery a while back. Thats not to say i dont like my others, it's just these are more special-er-er.

" that was picked out for me by Peter D'Amato at his nursery a while back. Thats not to say i dont like my others, it's just these are more special-er-er.

Yeah, I like it when he does that. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have gotten my S. alata sw LA (whatever that is, it was on the tag), my tallest Sarracenia. But yeah, I love my other ones. My N. x ventrata is my favorite becuase neps are my favorite CP. I wonder if my N. x ventrata is a male or female, though, probably a male.

My female N. campanulata.

I'd say my VentricosaXInermis. It was one of my first neps and is a great grower.

My N. northiana x veitchi I grew from seed.

my N. briggsiana 'Peter D'Amato'. i love it! that or my sanguinea. which i have grown from 3inch plant. to 20in and vining!

Alex

probably everyone knows what I will say: The king of the plant world: N.rajah

My Cannabis......just kidding. Like a parent, I love my plants equally.

My N. Spectabilis. I have a feeling my Lady Pauline might take the lead when it starts pitchering though.

Back