What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most treasured plant?

Yeah, I like it when he does that. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have gotten my S. alata sw LA (whatever that is, it was on the tag), my tallest Sarracenia.

Hey Capensis -- "S. alata sw LA" may be an alata from South West Los Angeles...LOL, or most likely an alata from Southwest Louisiana... sometimes location data is on the tag.

I have a lot of favored Neps, but my fave is Spectabilis x Veitchii. I'm not sure if there is a Nep out there that I like more (at least not that I have seen). I do really like the look of Truncata x TM, Lowii x Veitchii (and reverse), and Lowii x Truncata, but I don't have those and even if I did, I'm fairly certain Spec x Veitchii is my fave. This pic doesn't do it justice:

SpecxVeitchiiPitchersArrival.jpg

My H. tequila (who could have guessed LOL) with my cephs a very close second
misc_flowers.jpg

Av

wow!

I think Av's H. tequila is my favorite too!! ;)

My seed-grown N. bicalcarata has got to be my favorite... My S. minors run a close second...

Naturally. my Cephalotus.
both of them are my favorite.
my baby typical and my adult Hummer's Giant.
amazing plants.

my sarracenia flava coppertop- is it rare in cultivation?

Cephalotus!

My current favorite is a plant I grew from S. leucophylla "Big Mouth Form" seed, its most likely an accidental hybrid with S. flava.

sxl03.jpg

sxl02.jpg

sxl05.jpg

But my highland-ish neps are also looking nice this time of year, I'm especially enjoying my first N. fusca - Sarawak upper pitcher.

group01.jpg

Butch, that H. tequila is very nice! I'm still waiting for a lowland tolerant Heliamphora to come around.

Hmmm...currently its my C. 'Hummer's Giant'. I'm in awe of the pitchers (still not fully mature). My D. regia is in its growth spurt and its leaves are about 7-8" so far so its pretty.

I'd post pics but my camera is still broken. :(

Now it's a close race, either my big N. x ventrata, my new N. ventricosa 'red', or my new typcial Ceph. But I think it'd have to be my baby ceph.
Btw guys, very nice plants I'm hearing, and seeing.

Mine would be my utricularia longifolia....yes a believe it is greatly under appreciated plant...most utrics are....

my ventricosa is my favorite. i love neps!!

Just to show that people's tastes are different, here is my Most Treasured Plant:
VFTWacky1447.JPG

Now, some of you will say it deserves to be in the compost bin, but I love it.

VFTWacky4246.JPG

I dunno really ATM. My most impressive is my truncata (male) and flowering again. Marbled dragon is turning out to be a very nice plant too and so is sabra. My D regea is looking great too. I also have a few orchids that take my breath away when they bloom. So it is really hard to say. I love all my plants. Some have not been good to me but many are just too young to show their true potential.

BOBZ!!!! Long time no see bud! I cannot thank you enough for the plants I got from you a couple years ago. The regea is still doing great!!

I tried to post pics but they were to big and I don't know how to resize them.

- MasterGrower

Hey Capensis -- "S. alata sw LA" may be an alata from South West Los Angeles...LOL, or most likely an alata from Southwest Louisiana... sometimes location data is on the tag.

I thought of that too! But I'm not sure ><

Ps: My new most treasured plant! I hope Jimmy grows (yes, I named my Ceph Jimmy)

SN850785.jpg

Pss: I finally figured out how to show the pic without the URL showing up! Woot!

My most treasured plant is my N. Spectabilis, which I was able to put in my avatar. :)

Back