What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Location Released

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    send

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
That's right, I am going to give you the location of some cp's that I found today. I didn't have my GPS but I will get you very close with Google earth. Unfortunately I don't have pics because my camera battery died just minutes before I found these plants. The only plants I saw was D.capillaris. This site is in Wilmington NC. If you ever want to visit the site you can get the coordinates off of the google earth pic I saved. Google Earth is known for not being very exact, but it'll get you to the area for you to search. You must also get permission from the land owner to access the property. I can promise you they will prosecute you if they find you on their property without permission.

261366562O776969356.jpg

There you go. I can promise you that you will find D.capillaris at this location within a few feet of the marker.

If you ever get to the location send me the pics, since I didn't get to take any today.

I found the exact point and marked :p. Weird how it's beside a highway, but you must be lucky living where you can see wild CPs.

That's pretty cool, Ozzy. I'm taking a trip to Florida this summer and definitely want to check out some CP sites.

That's pretty cool, Ozzy. I'm taking a trip to Florida this summer and definitely want to check out some CP sites.

What part? Down to Mid-Florida, I've heard that S. minor grows there, even one of my friends who went hunting one time saw them.

??? Wow, I release cp location data and hardly anybody responds?

This might be naive, and don't take it the wrong way, but why would many people want to know CP location data for some remote area in NC. Plus, you'd have to go talk to some land owners to make sure you didn't get sued! Couldn't you just go find some in a national or state park somewhere?

It isn't as if you gave directions to S. jonesii plants and mentioned the nearest place to buy a shovel.

Well if S.jonesii grew in this location I wouldn't hesitate to give out the the location. I would give you a shovel and wish you good luck.

Well, Land Sharks have to eat too.

Back