What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Earth Day!

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
Happy Earth Day everyone! :water:

earth_day_graphics_09.gif

:hail:

To celebrate I'm gonna let my grow-lights go for an entire 24 period and drive over to Grand Rapids and back to visit Frederick Meijer Gardens. Pretty cool place I hear.......... $12 to get in.....ouch!

***My mother's name is "June". ;)

Yes, Happy Earth Day to all!

I just put in energy efficient light bulbs in the entire house. They use less energy and lower you electric bill costs. It's a win win situation all around!

Happy Earth Day! Please don't be mad at us Earth for gcausing Global Warming!

My school had an Earth Fair yesterday. They had lots of animals and plants! NO CPs though... I managed to get a biodegradable pot with some native flower seed.

Come on people; this topic is about Earth Day not climate change. Let's stay on topic and not start a debate! :)

Did anybody plant a tree yesterday?

NO I rode the bus, the school bus! but I have my computer set to hibernate instead of screensaver and I always turn off lights when I am not using them.
And I recycle my cans and clean them before I put them in bags. so they aren't sticky and it isn't a nightmare to take them to the store.

Well I planted a tree today. I dunno about you people but i love my planet... :D

It's a mango tree! i planted mainly because i LOVE mangoes and this is supposed to be one of, if not THE best mango varieties (fruit-wise) out there. It's a 'Carrie' for you fellow fruit lovers. As i was planting it the paper boy told me what a cool person i was for helping save the Earth and i was like "huh?". then i realized it was Earth Day and it all made sense lol.

So I did my part by default. :D But i didn't turn my lights out...or anything else but that.

I planted a Weeping Willow but not yesterday.:-D

Happy Earth Day!

What did this gimmick achieve in the end?

Back