Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Results of Water Testing

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by upper View Post
    is glacier vending machine the one that's blue with bubbles, and have penguins, and its like 25cent a gallon? the one with clear door that you open up to put the water.

if it is, i've been walking farther,and spending more money(around 30$ now) that vending machine is less than a block away from my house(right in front of (food 4 less))
    That's it! Save your gallon bottles and get out your little red wagon to tote them.

http://glacierwater.com/products.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Av8tor1 View Post
    Thanks Warren,

A lot depends on what the inlet TDS is, a typical membrane has a rejection ratio of 95-99%. If inlet TDS is 100 then those numbers would be expected... but very impressive regardless, sure dont see that brand around here

Av
    The display panel on the machines show the last service date and it appears at least in my area that they service them usually once a week. I figured "servicing" just meant taking the money out of them. Since I started checking the TDS and it has been so consistently low the service guy must do more than just take the money out. Yes, rather impressive for high use machines sitting out in the open and taking abuse from any passerby.

PS: You should write an article on choosing and setting up RO units for the article section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cyclopse

Glacier has never displayed any info (average measurements) regarding their water on their site (either that or I have never found it). It's good to know that the TDS measures are that low. Pretty surprising, really.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used the water from my britta filter for awhile now on some neps and I see no harm so far. If it is at 110ppm would'nt that be ok? I heard that ppm of up to 100 is ok for most cp's and that neps can take a little bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To play it safe below 50 ppm is good for use with cps. You may not see any harm for now but with a 110 ppm minerals are building up inside your growing medium. I would seriously consider a Reverse Osmosis Unit if you have a lot of cps. Because they are very expensive, I purchased mine from ebay.

I hope this helps!

Giovanni

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually bought one from home depot but decided that I don't know how to hook it up so I took it back. I don't need to buy water though as I get so much when it rains or snows. But I'm sure I'll buy it again and get a plumber to put it in one day soon. Money is not an issue. Plus I'm thinking about getting into a reef tank.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joossa View Post
    Glacier has never displayed any info (average measurements) regarding their water on their site (either that or I have never found it). It's good to know that the TDS measures are that low. Pretty surprising, really.
    Remember YMMV depending on the local water supply, the local plumbing and the skill and motivation of the service technician.

I'm kind of impressed on how much the Britta pitcher filter knocks out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just packed myself with 30 gallon of water
    6*5gallon bucket

i had a bit of trouble rolling it in my cart though, so i had to take 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link to the EC meter and the quick calculation. My softened water at the tap is running 282 and the RO water 25-28 which puts me in the 90% range. I can live with that, why didn't I get this meter for $20 a long time ago ? Money well spent !!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast