Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NY Police free to kill again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Of course the least biased of the news channels is always the one closest to my own veiws... liberals say the likes of CNN is unbiased and conservatives will say that Fox is the most fair and balanced. Whatever.

From what information I have seen I am more inclined to agree with scot and Josh in this case. But the timing was especially sad.
    that makes no logic

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to make a point. I didn't read the article so I don't know any facts other than were stated here.

He claims to be trying to get away, but I'm sorry who ever heard of driving at the person you are trying to run away from....if your scared you go the other way....not charge at them with your car.....and yes he did charge at them...if you read the whole thing he brushed one of the officers legs.....
    You can't assume they were going out of their way to run over the cops. There may had only been one way out. Even if there was more than one way, I'm sure the cops jumped infront of the car with their guns drawn. They may have had their badges around their necks but you still can't assume the people in the car saw them. I'm sure this was a highly stressful situations for both sides. The adrenaline was pumping and some times you make a wrong split second decision. From what I've read here the only person that was a threat to the cops was the driver. The rest seemed to be along for the ride and couldn't do much to stop the situation.

One of the problems I see is one of the tactics used by cops. They jump infront of a moving car, pull their guns and if the person don't stop they claim they shot the person in self defense. The driver may only have a split second to make the right decision, if they panic and try to get away, they die. Then the cop says they tried to run them over. I've seen this happen over and over on cops. Especially in car chases The cop pulls out infront of the car to stop it and then the suspect hits the cop and they claim he rammed them and is charged with assault with a deadly weapon. In a car chase it's different. The person makes a choice to run from the cops and I have little pity on them. It's just funny when the cop jumps in front of the car and then he says "He's trying to hit me"

In the situation here, I don't know that the cops jumped out in front of the car but I can see that happening because that is what they are trained to do.

I haven't taken either side yet because I don't know any facts in the case. Most of my family are cops, so by my post here don't assume I'm anti cop. I just wanted to point out what appears to me as people assuming that they went out of their way and tried to run over the cops.

I'll read the article now and see how wrong I am. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a former victim of police brutality (earth day 1993) I am never inclined to believe the police are being truthful and until you've been a victim of the states power you won't know what it's like , how it FOREVER changes your viewpoint.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    Being a former victim of police brutality (earth day 1993) I am never inclined to believe the police are being truthful and until you've been a victim of the states power you won't know what it's like , how it FOREVER changes your viewpoint.

I'm sure.

I have had cops lie and charge me with false charges. Just that alone can change your viewpoint.

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who noticed that these officers fired over 50 rounds at these guys? The victim was shot like 16 times!! Thats "self defence"?

Officers Michael Oliver, 36, and Gescard Isnora, 29, stood trial for manslaughter while Officer Marc Cooper, 40, was charged with reckless endangerment. Two other shooters weren't charged. Oliver squeezed off 31 shots; Isnora fired 11 rounds; and Cooper shot four times
    31 shots!! Thats intent to kill, not to wound, not disarm, not defence. To KILL plain and simple.

The officers, complaining that pretrial publicity had unfairly painted them as cold-blooded killers, opted to have the judge decide the case rather than a jury.
    Imagine that. They had a JUDGE decide the case rather than a jury. And guess what, they got off. hmmmmmm

Sorry to all of you police friendly people out there, but cops lie in court, and judges will ALWAYS agree with them first regardless of evidence to the contrary.
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That being said there are idiots in every profession
    True, but have you ever met a smart cop (basic "street" cop, not detective...who in some cases are still complete fools)? I sure as hell haven't. I don't think someone that got all C's in highschool and never went to college should have that kind of power (or any, for that matter). When they start requiring police to have college degrees, then maybe I'll respect them....
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?
    That sounds a bit like dismissing viewpoints out of hand because others "don't know what its like." Assuming police are always wrong is just as accurate as assuming police are always right (not very) IMHO.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My partner while being arrested for some thing in the past (expired license, registration, maybe both, lol) was being harassed by police during the incident. They hated the brother of the family who had more serious run ins with the law.

During the incident the cuffs were taken off and was instructed to run to the stop sign ahead. When asked why, the officer stated, "My dog needs some exercise!" Of course the comment was followed by laughter of the other 3 officers present. Luckily the officer wasn't obeyed.

Tuesday I was almost hit by an state officer in a squad car on campus that did a U turn in a busy intersection, hopped onto the sidewalk (full of pedestrian traffic) sped on the sidewalk for half of a block, later dumping into the street to give someone girl a ticket. While walking to and from my office they had 5 students pulled over, 3 squad cars at each incident and all driving erratically. It just made so aggravated to see our student population being terrorized by these officers who were invited to 'enhance security' due to some spray painted message found on a wall. Only to be bullied more as a result.

Anyways back to the topic. I think that for this case it's very important to note that the gun comment was never said to a cop directly. The group was leaving. The officer was NOT in uniform, the squad car that was hit was NOT marked. And I don't know what I would have done differently. Aggravated and going HOME, suddenly someone jumps behind my car looking like just some jerk at the bar, who FIRES a gun (the warning shot) behind me while backing up. I'd have to think this guy was ready to kill me or car jack me, only making me want to get the hell out of there ASAP. He didn't run over the officer, according to statements he "brushed the officer with the car." According to other statements, the cops were confused by breaking glass and flying bullets. They tricked themselves into thinking the unarmed men were firing back due to their own excessive use of force.

Taunting people... Excessive
    Driving through pedestrians for tickets... Excessive
    Pulling random students over 3 squad cars at a time... Excessive
    Killing an unarmed man with 50+ gun shots... Excessive

But just my opinion.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast