User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about these two commercials?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This forum has never been the kind with real flames. The worst that has ever happened is someone calling someone else ignorant, stupid, a fanatic, etc. That's really as bad as it gets. If you do not like this thread, then don't look at it. You act as if someone is forcing you to read this. Go play somewhere else if you don't the fact that we are talking about something with substance.

Now then. They used the epitomes of liberal and conservative to show that we really can work together. If they used a moderate democrat and a moderate republican, then the commercial would have no real impact.

As for the children in Africa, you can't stop sending food. If you did that, you would not be punishing adults for not using birth control. You'd be punishing innocent children. Free condoms for everyone. The Pill and surgery isn't good enough, because while that would prevent unwanted pregnancies, it would do nothing to help the rampant AIDS epidemic in Africa. If the states really wanted to help, we would not charge condom companies who give a certain percentage of their product to Africa any taxes. If we did that, the 43% (CNN statistics) of Catholics who still don't believe in birth control would start complaining, and if there's anything worse than a pissed off Catholic League, I don't know what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I don't subscribe to global warming either, but I'm also not a fan of feeding starving children in Africa, as harsh as that sounds. I think what would be better, is to start an organization that pays women in overpopulated 3rd world countries to get their tubes tied. Feeding their insane amount of kids that they can't support is just going to make them assume they can have more, since the current ones are being taken care of, thus furthering their selfish, irresponsible burden on the world. Sure, feeding them all sounds good in theory (if you're a liberal), but the solution to that problem is less kids, not more food. Not only is it irresponsible, but it's not, nor will it ever be, fiscally feasible.
    You dont need to pay these women just provide them with birth control options. The majority of people in third world countries do not want huge families. If they had effective ways of preventing children they would. They want to send their children to school, they want to be able to feed all of their kids and if this means only having 2 or 3 then they would choose that option. The reason the US does not contribute to these types of programs is because the conservative right will not agree to this so US foreign policy actually stipulates that any funds given to any other country for health care can not be used for planned parenthood type of organizations. In fact it even prevents US funds from supporting programs that give out condoms to prevent the spread of AIDS because it interferes with "Gods" plan. Sadly for the people of Africa these programs have been shown to be some of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of AIDS.

As for global warming it may or may not a be a problem but the overpopulation of the world is going to catch up with humanity long before our use of fossil fuels does. Not to mention we will run out of oil soon and honestly I think the cause of the downfall of Western society will be that it simply runs out of gas. No disease, no famine, no war, no natural disaster, it will just stop when we don't have gas anymore. Also those commercials are a waste of time and only contribute to the problem of global warming as we need electricity to see them which is in most cases produced by burning fossil fuels. Decreasing global population however will help to decrease the amount of fossil fuels used each year helping to minimize what impact man may have on the global climate.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So very hypocritical, the right. Why are we giving them mosquito nets? Malaria is one of God's precious creatures, just like a fetus. All or nothing, fundamentals.

I have to disagree with you on the pregnancy issue. If someone really didn't want any kids, they wouldn't have sex. At least not in a manner that's likely to get you pregnant (that's all I need to say on this forum). It's not like they don't know where babies come from.

Why is Diesel like $4.20 a gallon and Premium is like $3.80? Isn't Diesel less refined?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    So very hypocritical, the right. Why are we giving them mosquito nets? Malaria is one of God's precious creatures, just like a fetus. All or nothing, fundamentals.

I have to disagree with you on the pregnancy issue. If someone really didn't want any kids, they wouldn't have sex. At least not in a manner that's likely to get you pregnant (that's all I need to say on this forum). It's not like they don't know where babies come from.

Why is Diesel like $4.20 a gallon and Premium is like $3.80? Isn't Diesel less refined?
    Your right, I think we need to spread Malaria, bring back smallpox too while we are at it. LOL.

As for the pregnancy issue it is hard to have complete abstenance not to mention that culturally there are issues of expectations and other things. Though when offered contraceptives they are used readily.

I have no idea why diesel is more expensive, less of it is refined maybe? though that is a complete guess.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still say this forum would be SOOOO much nicer if we got rid of the "general discussions" forum alltogether..or at least banned the discussion of religion or politics.

(and no, that wouldnt be censorship..because there are only a billion other forums on the internet where you can talk politics.)

or "off topic" posts within reason..
    if your mom is in the hospital or something, talking about that would be fine..
    or asking about a new car..or whatever..

just ban the "big three"..sex, politics and religion.
    anything else is ok..

the discussions about politics just get ugly and always end up locked anyway..
    feelings get hurt, people rant and rave on both sides..its all so ugly and pointless..
    so why even bother?

isnt this supposed to be a forum about carnivorous plants??
    IMO, this forum should be for discussions about CP's only..
    why do we need to discuss all this other BS here?
    take it somewhere else..

IMO, these kinds of threads make this forum a whole lot less fun..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't like it, why read in the first place, and then post about it expressing the fact that you don't like it? I don't understand that. It's like walking into a Denny's just so you can say you don't care for Denny's, then turning around and leaving.

I think these threads make it more lively. If you want CP talk only, there's always the ICPS forum. Far fewer newbs there, too. Also slower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it doesn't make it more lively, it makes it more agressive. A debate is a fight any way you put it. If you think long threads repeating the same thing over and over agian in more and more agressive manner makes forums a better place you really need to ask NEW members. When a new member sees fights in forums they don't really feel welcome, remember the Ozzy's april fool's day prank when he was banned? Alot of new members (including me) felt uneasy and I stopped posting as much, and alot of members threatened to leave. Fights ake forums so much less fun because everyone takes politics to a presonal level. Any way, why debate something if you aren't gonning to change anyone's views on the subject, then its just a pointless fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you ever seen a real debate? If you had, you'd know it's very structured. It's by no means a fight. Why don't you try watching the next presidential debate on the news? Maybe then you can see why and how politics are personal to each and every one of us.

Why don't you try participating? What are YOUR opinions and feelings on the subject of global warming and/or the commercials? Broaden yourself and do something other than complain about nothing.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast