User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about these two commercials?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry, I meant from.

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not really sure what to say about global warming. It could be due to pollution and such, or it could be one of Earth's many climate changes, like the Ice Age.
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Anyways, back on topic... I agree about the "trendiness" of going green; however, as I've mentioned before, whether or not global warming is caused by humans or not is the least of my concerns. Temperatures rise and temperatures fall. It's nature. But, the byproducts and the outcomes of this trendy idea of "greenness" is certainly beneficial to the environment, our communities, and the earth. I'll let the scientists and politicians debate the crap out of it while I watch the byproduct of a better world come together around them.

xvart.
    Well stated.

Personally, I like to read what everyone's different views are in these types of topics. After all, there is no point in being closed minded.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joossa View Post
    Personally, I like to read what everyone's different views are in these types of topics. After all, there is no point in being closed minded.
    Exactly how I view it I love to read peoples opnions...However you will rarely find me posting mine, I just can't seem to type them good .
    Join the Florida Carnivorous Plant Society today!
    My tiny growlist and Big want list. Check out growlist for trade!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    We already use fossil fuels. We're trying to convert to liquor (come on. It's moonshine. ) and hydrogen.
    Turning food into fuel is about the most idiotic idea our country has come up with in a LONG time.

You want to get rid of fossil fuels? Gotta further develop battery/electrical technology and build a lot more nuclear power plants to supply energy to electric only cars. That'll get rid of fossil fuels. If you recycle the nuclear waste and batteries, environmental concerns shouldn't be too much of a problem, though I'm not sure about batteries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien1099 View Post
    You want to get rid of fossil fuels? Gotta further develop battery/electrical technology and build a lot more nuclear power plants to supply energy to electric only cars. That'll get rid of fossil fuels. If you recycle the nuclear waste and batteries, environmental concerns shouldn't be too much of a problem, though I'm not sure about batteries.
    How do you go about recycling nuclear waste? According to my Environmental Health professor, we have a ton of nuclear waste just piling up at our plants. We can't even decide on where to store it let alone dispose of it. Just look at the Yucca Mountain facility... money down the drain. It's actually not that easy to say we should go nuclear.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joossa View Post
    How do you go about recycling nuclear waste? According to my Environmental Health professor, we have a ton of nuclear waste just piling up at our plants. We can't even decide on where to store it let alone dispose of it. Just look at the Yucca Mountain facility... money down the drain. It's actually not that easy to say we should go nuclear.
    Your professor must be ignorant, but then again, many are. I believe most if not all of the other nuke power countries recycle their's. Facilities in the US that were used to recycle it were closed down because of safety issues from what I heard. Breeder reactors are much more efficient with the use of radioactive material as well. And yes it really is that easy. Problem is there are NIMBY (not in my backyard) people and others that have grave misconceptions about nuclear energy thanks to movies like the China Syndrome.

I suggest you take a read here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_reprocessing

In October 1976, fear of nuclear weapons proliferation (especially after India demonstrated nuclear weapons capabilities using reprocessing technology) led President Gerald Ford to issue a Presidential directive to indefinitely suspend the commercial reprocessing and recycling of plutonium in the U.S. This was confirmed by President Jimmy Carter in 1977. After that, only countries that already had large investments in reprocessing infrastructure continued to reprocess spent nuclear fuel. President Reagan lifted the ban in 1981, but did not provide the substantial subsidy that would have been necessary to start up commercial reprocessing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need windmills, they are the best option because they have no waste and don't hurt wild life, then we can go eletric cars. Hydrogen is also a good option but again, the first thing we need to do is move to using windmils for enegry because we need to use that power to make pure hydrogen in the first place. I just noticed that everyone here thinks that manmade global warming is fake. Why does every one think it is completely made up? You can't be completely sure that we aren't changing the process of climate change or speed it up because why haven't been here long enough to know the entire cycle of the earths climate change or if it even is a cycle. We don't know either way for certain that we are or aren't changing the effects of global warming.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast