User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think about these two commercials?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What do you guys think about these two commercials?

I have been seeing these two commercials on TV recently...

http://www.wecansolveit.org/page/s/pelosigin
    http://www.wecansolveit.org/page/s/unlikelyalliance

I'm curious... what do you guys think?
    -Joel from Southern California

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love anything with Nancy Pelosi and Al Sharpton! I think these commercials are great. How could anyone not think cooperating is bad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're crap. Using a farce for more attention. The whole lot of them. I'm sorry, but I don't buy the great swindle called Global Warming or Global Climate Change or whatever they're calling it now. It's getting fairly ridiculous and I think this guy here is right on in his assertions:

Hurricane Expert: School Silencing Me Over Global-Warming Views
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353023,00.html

Gray contends it's all a hoax contrived by scientists hungry for research funding, media professionals thirsting for Pulitzer Prizes and foreign powers seeking to create a single world government.
    A whole bunch of people are going to look like a bunch of dolts in a few years when people realize the scam that it is. I wonder how much money will have been wasted. It's not the first time it's happened. Think of all the starving children in Africa the people just looking for a cause to feel good about could have fed with that money. Not being wasteful and being mindful of things like pollution are not bad ideas, at all. The idiotic way in which methods to try and reduce pollution and waste are being forced upon us is bad though.
    Last edited by Est; 04-29-2008 at 02:12 PM. Reason: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BYPASS THE FILTER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't stand Al Sharpton. He doesn't do anything but cry and moan. Honestly...he doesn't even have a real job! I wish people would pay me to be a crybaby.

I don't subscribe to global warming either, but I'm also not a fan of feeding starving children in Africa, as harsh as that sounds. I think what would be better, is to start an organization that pays women in overpopulated 3rd world countries to get their tubes tied. Feeding their insane amount of kids that they can't support is just going to make them assume they can have more, since the current ones are being taken care of, thus furthering their selfish, irresponsible burden on the world. Sure, feeding them all sounds good in theory (if you're a liberal), but the solution to that problem is less kids, not more food. Not only is it irresponsible, but it's not, nor will it ever be, fiscally feasible.
    Last edited by xvart; 04-29-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    STOP! I aready see some huge annoying debate on global warming with this thread. I always see it happen no matter where someone posts their views, also, global warming exists, even if you don't think its manmade, you all think there is a climate change happening, right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I despise Al Sharpton, Killary Clinton AKA The Devil, Jessie Jackson and the heifer Pelosi. Oh not to mention the worlds biggest moron ever Al Gore. Everyone complains about how Bush is not to bright, but Dang. Gore has Bush beat hands down.

Will someone please explain the rationale behind buying carbon offsets? I mean really. You pay someone so you can continue to produce the same amount of carbon as you normally did. How does that lower the amount of carbon released into the atmosphere?

Also how is it Global warming when the area of MN I plan on moving to is 15-20 degrees lower right now than average? I mean really. It is a ******* cycle and we have not been studying it long enough to know what the long term variability is. If I am not mistaken the Hottest part of our recorded history was in the 1800's? I am really confused. If we are cooler now (granted maybe on a slight upward turn) than the 1800's how can we have global warming? I am going to be laughing my **** off when we do get into that cooling off phase when everyone is freezing their butts off!

One more gripe about that Hypocrite Al Gore. Her flies in private jets that are some of the most inefficient instead of flying an already flying commercial jet. His mansion uses more energy than 4 or 5 average single family homes. He did not add the solar panels until AFTER AFTER!!!!! he was called out for it on the news. He wants you and I to ride bicycles to work, yet he wants to be able to fly around in a chartered jet that puts more carbon into the atmosphere in one flight than you or I would put into it in over a year. He wants to live in this HUGE house instead of just living in a modest house. I am not saying live in a small house but his house is HUGE!!!

I am all for alternative fuels and cleaner forms of energy, but that is because I am tired of making the Arabs rich because I HAVE to drive to work. We are past the point of no return and in todays world you must have a car. I don;t consider that a luxury anymore the luxury comes when you have a nice car. Sure i could live close to work and walk, but not everyone can do that so I consider it a must. I blame the big 4 motor companies and the government for the alternative energy not being where it should be. Those commercials almost make me sick. Most of those people in those commercials want you and I to reduce yet they themselves along with all of congress will not walk the walk, but want to tell us what to do. It is politically cool to do what they are doing ATM. If they really wanted to get me excited they would start putting solar panels on congress and reducing its need for grid power. It would start spending some money to reduce the governments use of fossil fuels. Spend the money needed so that they can get the alternative fuels first and the civilian world will follow. Drill in ANWAR and shut off the need for opec and cut off their funding. Mandate the car companies to get away from fossil fuels so they get off those patents they have bought up and are sitting on and put them to use. Fund their R&D to make it worth their wild to change their production lines to produce an alt fuel vehicle. There are plenty of things the government can do. the government knows what needs to be done. Do it. Why do we always have to bit ch about it to get the government to do the right thing. those folks making the commercials are in congress or were and know what is going on. Why aren't they fighting for what needs to be done?

It is a lot of political HYPE if you ask me. They don't give a rats butt. We need to get all those old farts out of office and get a younger crowd in there. This is why I stress for term limits in congress so we can get new blood in there. We do not need 90 year old farts in office. We all know old farts do not like learning new tricks and are set in their ways. How many of those old farts are not even in the computer age yet?

Ant I do think the globe in in its natural cycle. I do not think it is just warming. We may be an a warming phase but I do believe the cooling phase is coming too. Are you going to be hollering when we have global cooling? What about when we go into a phase where the seas start freezing again? You will hear it when the sees starts to drop and the million dollar homes are now a block away from the beach instead ot beach front.
    Last edited by Est; 04-29-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: merged posts / language
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JB please, stop! I really don't care what is causing it, all I know is that something caused the old Ice Age, why doesn't anyone think it won't happen agian with or without polution.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I can't stand Al Sharpton. He doesn't do anything but ***** and moan. Honestly...he doesn't even have a real job! I wish people would pay me to be a crybaby.

I don't subscribe to global warming either, but I'm also not a fan of feeding starving children in Africa, as harsh as that sounds. I think what would be better, is to start an organization that pays women in overpopulated 3rd world countries to get their tubes tied. Feeding their insane amount of kids that they can't support is just going to make them assume they can have more, since the current ones are being taken care of, thus furthering their selfish, irresponsible burden on the world. Sure, feeding them all sounds good in theory (if you're a liberal), but the solution to that problem is less kids, not more food. Not only is it irresponsible, but it's not, nor will it ever be, fiscally feasible.

..... Shhhh. Don't look now but I think one of our members is really Eric Cartman.

Ant, if you don't like what's in this thread, then don't read it. We're following the rules and staying on topic, so I can't see what your problem is.

Al Gore does suck for using a private jet, but if he offsets his carbon footprint by making up for his carbon expenditures in other ways, then he stays carbon neutral or negative.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast