Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: "Darn Shroomers - get outta my yard!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess WA magic mushrooms aren't growing on cow poop. That's where the southern ones grew. As for the other kind of mushrooms, different ones are ready in different parts of the year (and in different areas).
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psilocybin mushrooms are closely associated with the droppings of rumanants in the Pacific Northwest, especially caribou or reindeer. Reindeer are almost addicted to psilocybin.

Since psilocybin doesn't metabolize well one of the native customs is to pass around and drink the urine of a previous imbiber. Reindeer aware of this fact and probably aided by a good sense of smell have been known to attack imbibers for their urine while relieving themselves.

Now you know why Rudolph's nose was so bright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Albert Hoffman spilled LSD on himself when he was working with the extract and had effects. The next day he intentionally took a dose, far larger than one actually needs to receive effects and wrote about the experience. Thus he was both the inventor and first intentional user. However, it has been decided by many historians that the witchcrazes and other mass-hallucinations throughout history can be attributed to Ergot poisoning from ingesting rye bread infected with Ergot fungus - which is where LSD is/was originally extracted and concentrated from.

Herenorthere, there are both dung/grain loving species such as (P. cubensis) and wood loving species (P. cyanascens). These are not the only Ps. species but rather the most common (P. cube) and most psychoactive (P. cyan). I cite this from Paul Stamets and his monograph Psilicybin Mushrooms of the World.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the kids around here hunt for mushrooms in other peoples' closets and under their beds lol (these kids have more tupperware than Martha Stewart).

Anywho, mushrooms can definitely be more relaxing than acid. It doesn't matter how seasoned or tolerant you are, if you take too many strong doses you can easily bad trip. I had one friend get his tongue puddled with about 20 drops and it made him temporarily psycho. He was even institutionalized for a short while. The guy was in a near-paralytic state while trippin' and wasn't capable of speech. He had also been doing acid religiously prior to that experience and his tolerance was up, but it wasn't enough. To those of you who think bad trips are just a product of bad environmental factors, I must say you are wrong. There is a certain scariness that sets in when reality completely fails you, and 3 hours into your trip you realize it's only gonna get more intense and last for about 5 more hours. All in all, acid is what you make of it (meaning-wise)... It's a false sense of connectedness and understanding. I had the whole universe figured out once, and a few hours later, I couldn't even remember it. After so many trips you begin to realize the euphoric feelings and awe-inspiring realizations are so fake that it's purely a recreational mind/time killer. Not the worst way to spend ~8 hours though (definitely not the best either).
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never thought that gonzo tripping like that would be fun - I think my last LSD adventure was in '96 a few drops on a sugar cube. If you get effects from a small amount and pleasantly enjoy it, there's no sense in going overboard and becoming incapacitated. Like anything, the keyword is moderation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicely said nep

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno. If you think about it, every emotion we've ever had is nothing but neurons firing, chemicals being released and receptors uptaking them. In that sense, the emotions and mental (not physical of course) experiences we go through are just as real, on a chemical level, as anything else.

I'll admit that it's artificial, but I wouldn't call it false. If you believe in something as crazy as God, I don't see how it's a big stretch to believe he could reach out through something natural he made for us to enjoy. But that's just me. I actually don't know what you particularly believe as far as spiritually, I was just speaking in general.

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading this thread made me think of "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane/Starship

One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
    And you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
    Has given you the call
    Call Alice
    When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
    Get up and tell you where to go
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom
    And your mind is moving low
    Go ask Alice
    I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
    Have fallen sloppy dead
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
    Remember what the dormouse said:
    Feed your head
    Feed your head
    Feed your head
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast