What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Darn Shroomers - get outta my yard!"

actually ive run into similar descriptions from ppl who have been bit by certain snakes with neurotoxic venom....in the cases where the person didnt die atleast.....

i have hallucinated a few times. three times due to high fever, twice due to head trauma.....wouldnt do that again on a bet.......dont mind a smoke to chill out but you can keep hallucinations........

Well this is... interesting.

isnt it always?......prolly dont help i just got home from the bar and playing a dozen rounds of 6-5-4 :grin:

I've never had the displeasure of having a fever that high or head trauma, but I imagine that you're describing true hallucinations, am I correct? These are hallucinations where you don't realize you're hallucinating. For example, talking to someone in the room who's not really there, even though that person seems 100% real with perfect clarity. These hallucinations are the kind caused by anticholergenics and are not fun at all. Think Datura.

OTOH, you've got funny, silly hallucinations. The kind where you can stare in the mirror at your own irris for an hour. And playing tetris takes an interesting twist :p With these, things melt, colors appear, everything moves and seems alive, but you're perfectly aware of what's happening and can hold on a conversation etc. Doing anything at all, even drinking, when you're not emotionally secure (in general or at the time) is a bad idea. In my opinion, hallucinogens are just a side effect. The real magic is the way it makes you feel mentally and emotionally. There's nothing like being personally connected to everything, every table, chair, tree, etc. In the universe all at one time, while hearing Frozen by Madonna that's not really playing at all in real life.

Stuff like this, totally harmless. Let's be honest. It's nothing like crack or meth (which you shouldn't do.... It's just not worth the risk of addiction. I've come to the conclusion that nothing is that fun), but for some reason people still think it'll make you jump off a building or kill your family.

yeah the first part mostly........done the swirly colors crap after a shot to the temple once though....weirdest couple of hours of my life.....

i know state of mind going in, environmental factors while on ectera all have a factor in what kinda experience yah have but after what i have experienced i know what the bad end of it can be and i only got a small taste of the bad end, i know much worse is possible......the good part aint worth the risk given what bad can happen......as far as im concerned atleast.........

...which is why I only tried Datura once :p Really is not anything to joke about. I was stupid and got what I deserved.

I HAVE to ask you. Why did you get shot in the temple?

So annoying! I hate double posts. Help me out, Mods. And while you're at it, let us know if we're getting out of line or too graphic or something

moment of brilliant stupidity.....:grin: my right pupil still is larger than my left and its been 14 years.....basically was horsing around with friends before school, zigged when i shoulda zagged and tripped and bounced my head offa locker.......for some damn reason i nailed my temple just perfect, dont ask me how, ive got no clue.....was fine other than the minor ache for about 10 minutes than i was kinda out of it.....knew i wasnt in good shape and tried to call my mom...knew the phone number but couldnt get it dialed....had the office call her for me and spent the next 4 hours full conscious but had one f'ed up couple of hours filled with swirling colors and the like......after that i was back to normal other than the right pupil being larger, the difference used to be more pronounced than it is now.....

as far as im concerned what someone wants to do to their body drug wise i dont care so long as it only affects them......but some of this stuff isnt childs play and needs to be approached with EXTREAM caution cause i have personally seen cases of LSD use where the person never fully comes back from the trip.....

It just got more interesting!
Doing anything at all, even drinking, when you're not emotionally secure (in general or at the time) is a bad idea.
Humm... what do people spill the beans or something? Could you elaborate? I am genuinely curious.

Stuff like this, totally harmless. Let's be honest. It's nothing like crack or meth (which you shouldn't do.... It's just not worth the risk of addiction. I've come to the conclusion that nothing is that fun), but for some reason people still think it'll make you jump off a building or kill your family.

Buh,... buh... drugs ah baahd...

This was "interesting" because the thread was turning into a lets-share-our-high-experiences. Not that I have a problem with that. I used to but not anymore. I may sound like the last person on earth who would say this, but several of my friends are potheads and I honestly don't care about weed. I think...

that...

marijuana is not a big deal and came close to accepting some myself. I may at some point but not yet. You already know my view on the others so I wont say anything, but this thread is interesting in a morbid sort of way.

From stories from my friends, it always seems that when you have hallucinations from sickness they always sound creepy. I always wanted to experience one just so I would know what it is like.

Spill the beans? If you aren't in a familiar setting, with people you don't know, are afraid, had a bad day, have something weighing on your mind, are paranoid, then you could easily have a bad time. It probably won't mess you up emotionally/mentally permanently, but it can indeed change the way you think and view the world. At the same time, a really good experience such as I had, can change your whole perspective and interpretation of some things. Also, a really bad trip can teach you valuable life lessons, so in reality, it was actually a good trip. Does this make any sense? It's also to talk yourself out of a bad trip and reason it into a good one at best, or ride it out at worst.

With some things, it's not getting high. It's just so much more meaningful that that, and the word "high" just seems to cheapen it somehow. It's just... I dunno. You just can't describe some things. It's like trying to tell a world of blind people about a rainbow you felt.

Ant, watch this video and follow the instructions. That's a decent example of what happens when my HPPD manifests it's self. Actually my HPPD isn't nearly as strong as that video lol. When i'm reading, text will float as if it's on a ripple in water, enlarge a bit, move back and forth. Pulsate is a good word. Walls, floors, etc. will breath and pulsate. It's not nearly as strong as the video, but you can get the idea of what a very (very) basic hallucination looks like.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vzSRVgF501M&feature=related

It actually started after my first time and never went away. Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining and maybe happens once a week now.

i fully know where your coming from Clint.....have friends who all say similar things....i dont equate hallucinogens to a high at all cause it most defiantly isnt....

my psych professor described LSD like this.....normal thought processes got from A to B to C to D.......occasionally A to C to B to D but over all its pretty predictable......LSD(ergot, mescilin, shrooms all operate similarly to LSD) causes the thought process to go from A to Z to M to 2 to the neighbors dog to 5 to Q and eventually yah get to D or get stuck somewhere in the middle till it wears off.......there is absolutely no way to predict the path its going to take till it gets there, which is why you can do lots to help give yah a good experience or even to talk yourself(or more likely have a friend talk yah down) into a better one or atleast hopefully a neutral one till it wears off.....but you cant insure it 100% of the time.....

edit to add the "high" most ppl talk about with drugs has nothing to do with messing with thought processes like with LSD and kin.....they affect mood and state of mind and them to actually totally screw up a thought process is rare cause they just dont work like that......

If they are looking for A. Muscaria to get high, i feel sorry for there brain cells. I have heard that if the A. Muscaria are prepared wrong the can give you Cyanide poisoning and kill you. I used to hear all kinds of stories about the high they give you, but then i would look at the person telling the story and it was obviously not worth it. I wish the kids would realize all of the dangers of shrooming.

Well what difference does it make if it is called "under the influence" or "rainbow ride"? Same thing.

I dont know why some people say that this is so great and necessary for anything. I have revelations, found god, and made personal discoveries and I never once needed the help of any chemical to obtain such things.

You heard wrong. It's possible to OD, especially if you don't heat or dry it, but that's really rare. I mean ridiculously rare. I've never even read of one report ever. EVER. That's just theoretically. It's been used for thousands of years. Eating the wrong Amanita species, OTOH, can certain kill you. It contains no cyanide.

There's really no physical danger ( and really little mental) at all with Psilocybe.

Finch, you don't need anything at all. And don't do something if you don't feel like it. I didn't use it looking to find God, it just happened. God made these natural things, I believe, therefore (IMO) they are inherently good. The truth is that there are some things that you can not and will not comprehend, or experience, by yourself. The phrase "Opening up your mind" isn't said because it sounds cool. One person told me they took a SHEET of LSD blotters and experienced the creation of the universe. The whole shabang. Can't have that unless you're asleep and dreaming (too bad you probably won't remember) or have schizophrenia.

i know im on shaky enough ground to start with that i dont want to go screwing with my already marginally screwed up thought process...........but if others want to have at it, so long as they are willing to take the responsibility of the after affects....had a number of ppl tell me it was great, most say it was interesting and more than a few say no way in hell am i doing it again.....

as far as some of the other plants out there.....speaking from experience they can be safer if approached right than some of the stuff my doc is giving me now to treat the issues i was self medicating....atleast the side effects are more acceptable.....but the legal issues toss me back into the docs hands cause i refuse to do prison time over a few side effects i dont like of the docs pills..........

They don't allow medical MJ in MT?

Look into Kratom. It can't compete with your painkillers, but it may allow you to cut back if you feel you need to.

actually have cut way back on my pain killers......

yes Medical MJ is allowed in MT BUT there are still those pesky federal laws.....so far we have had a governor thats told the feds where to stick it concerning the list but i dont hold out much hope it stays that way.....when they change the federal laws ill look back into growing..........

Well that's great! Good for you. How's the knee?

yeah, shrooms are a trip... literally lol. in spring we go hunting in the forest across the street lol.

Back