What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Darn Shroomers - get outta my yard!"

Never thought that gonzo tripping like that would be fun - I think my last LSD adventure was in '96 a few drops on a sugar cube. If you get effects from a small amount and pleasantly enjoy it, there's no sense in going overboard and becoming incapacitated. Like anything, the keyword is moderation.

nicely said nep

I dunno. If you think about it, every emotion we've ever had is nothing but neurons firing, chemicals being released and receptors uptaking them. In that sense, the emotions and mental (not physical of course) experiences we go through are just as real, on a chemical level, as anything else.

I'll admit that it's artificial, but I wouldn't call it false. If you believe in something as crazy as God, I don't see how it's a big stretch to believe he could reach out through something natural he made for us to enjoy. But that's just me. I actually don't know what you particularly believe as far as spiritually, I was just speaking in general.

Reading this thread made me think of "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane/Starship

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice
I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
Remember what the dormouse said:
Feed your head
Feed your head
Feed your head

Not here nothing in my forest but when they come we have alota edibles mostly oysters and shantrels(how do you spell it?) but I don't wanna risk it at all.
There are lots of them in fall though tons of them and there all on my property.

Theirs A type of Active mushroom in almost every state. Some just arent the common P. cubensis, or P. aurzensis (spelling?) theirs quite a few ones, that take allot of practice having GROWN them (which is illegal) to know what they look like if they aren't the common ones, and odds are you havent grown the more "exotic ones"

Any ways. I say get some white mushrooms from the store, put some blue dye on the bottom of them, and set them in a little batch at night when you expect these hunters.

They will become Excited, and then frustrated when they don't get a high from it, and they decide that your property isn't a good spot for hunting. Any ways you should ask permission and tell them you are doing some kind of school project lol.

he he, "I got some Portabellas dude!" :-D

This was the first year I've ever seen them out there but my town has grown by 10 000 residents in about 3 years.

actually it is my understanding that there is no federal law against growing the mushrooms, just like there is no federal law against growing opium poppies......however they become illegal when yah pick them and dry them out for personal use or sale.........state laws however may be different......im 100% sure i can legally grow opium poppies in Montana...bout 99% sure that growing the mushrooms is too..........

Well.. sort of. Papaver somniferum is the opium poppy. A lot of people grow these in their garden as heirloom plants. You can buy P. somniferum seed ad grow it yourself if you want. You can pick the pods and dry them ONLY for use in floral arrangements if you want. There are even cultivars of them you can buy that are really quite pretty. You can even buy the seeds and pods (fresh and dried) on ebay. I don't know if these go by state, but go look up Opium Poppy or Papaver Somniferum on ebay if you don't believe me. Same poppies they grow and harvest in the middle east. It's a very strange thing. I don't really know why this is. I guess because poppies are so popular and variable, the cops would have to test every poppy they see, and that's a lot of poppies. Almost every gardener grows some sort of poppy. Or maybe it's because they have low abuse potential (even though if you dry the sap, it's genuine opium). It may just be a law that's not enforced. The laws in this country are weird. In some states, you can possess shroom SPORES because they aren't psychoactive, but not shrooms. You're not allowed to intentionally grow shrooms (with jars and all that), but since they are native, no one is going to bother you if somee happen to be growing on your property naturally unless you pick them for use. You can legally grow cacti that grow faster that peyote (a foot per year!), with a dose being the outer skin (just the outer skin!) of one foot of cactus (one year's growth), legally for ornamental uses. These cacti have been seen sold at Wal mart! But you can not eat them. The same goes for plants containing DMT (except those aren't sold at walmart), and even LSA (morning glories). They actually coat morning glory seeds sold in packets with stuff that'll make you puke if you eat them as an abuse deterrent.

If you don't believe me about opium poppies, go look at any bottle of poppy seeds at the grocery store. Those are opium poppy seeds. I remember there was a kid who overdosed on poppy seed tea when he switched brands of poppy seed and sadly died. They contain opium residue including morphine and codeine, so some people even become addicted to poppy seed and poppy pod tea. That's why they can make you fail a drug test if you eat them. Don't get any ideas..... I'm just saying the laws in this country are weird. Or maybe someone has too much time on their hands to think drinking tea made from poppy seeds for baking is was a worthwhile experiment lmao.

Where's Rose? She's a former DEA agent, maybe she can enlighten us on the weird laws. (hope she doesn't track us down and arrest us :p This thread is incriminating!)

it is perfectly LEGAL according to federal laws to grow opium poppies(Papaver somniferum) even the medical strains, however nicking the pods to produce the sap is HIGHLY ILLEGAL....also they are illegal to grow according to some state laws.....think there are only a couple and i cant remember which off the top of my head. and yes, if yah eat a couple of poppy seed muffins you can pop positive on some of the more sensitive piss tests cause the poppy seeds you eat are a by product of the medical opiate culture......

i forget what plant it was i was putting in the garden, think it was monkshood, and the wife looked at me wierd when i insisted she grab me the hose to wash off my hands when i crushed some roots(i always have cuts and the like on my hands)......she asked me what the hell i was doing planting deadly plants in the garden.....i pointed twords her bleeding hearts a few feet away and told her that one will stop your heart pretty quick too......told her the chokecherry bushes in the backyard contain a decent amount of cyanide in their seeds and the castor beans i grow contain one of the most toxic non-radioactive substances known to man..........the average garden is full of toxins, some quite deadly if you do something stupid.......most ppl dont realize this, dont understand why some think its odd when there are also tons of psychoactive plants that arent regulated......heck their is a common garden herb that has some of the same active chemicals as marijuana, though in much lower quantities........

Right, catnip/mint was used in the hippy era for its mildly hallucinogenic properties when smoked. I have 'walkers low' right at the mailbox.

As I understand most garden poppies are oriental and not opium.

Catnip won't do anything for you. My cats like it though.

Most poppies that are sold already alive (in pots at garden centers) are orientals which are perennial, most seed packs which are labeled annual are the somniferum varieties.

the common garden poppies are:
Oriental (Papaver orientale)--extreamly long lived perennial, even when neglected in our extream climate, tollerate extream cold in the winter and drought in the summer once established, most common poppy i see for sale up here as a plant

Icelandic (Papaver nudicaule)--short lived perennial, usually considered a biannual but likes to reseed itself, extreamly cold hardy but doesnt like high temps in summers, im assuming in areas with cool summers the individual plants will live longer than the 2 years they do here....im told they are an annual in the Southeast US....second most common i have seen for sale

corn (Papaver rhoeas)--annual, good sized plant.....dont know that i have seen it forsale unless they had it mislabled as an oriental

Californian (Eschscholzia californica)--annual, smallish plant, especially when compared to Papaver species....always on "seed racks" in stores

if you see annual poppy seeds for sale that are not Californians its likely opium poppies(Papaver somniferum) or peony flowered poppies (Papaver somniferum var. paeoniiflorum).....BTW the "Hen and Chicks" poppies that Walmart has on their seed racks, atleast in Montana, are Papaver somniferum :grin:...yah see them for sale alot in "heritage seed" catalogs.....the places that are selling old type cultivar veggies and garden flowers.....and i have yet to see them called "opium poppies" in these catalogs.....some dont even mention they are illegal in some states........the thing that makes growing opium poppies a gray area in even states where its on the books as illegal is that it is rather difficult to prove it is infact an opium poppy and prove that someone that has a few in their garden is growing them for drug use cause if you test any Papaver species they ALL test positive for opiate alkaloids, even your common oriental poppy, they just arent as concentrated........i know of a couple of cases that have been thrown out cause intent to manufacture as well as hard proof that the plants were somniferum and not just something labeled as such could not be proven by the state.....but it still cost the individuals tens of thousands in legal fees

there is another poppy species i see up here in gardens, i call it a "prickly poppy" but that evidentially isnt right cause it doesnt match up with the Argemone species pics that i have found that are commonly called "prickly poppies"

Back