Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uhg....stupid prowler around the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be so sure about attacking someone on your property just because they are on your property.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/de...ers/2674920346

Here's a video of 4 teens beating up a deli worker after he confronted them about stealing food. While the clerk was being beaten up, the owner woke up, came out to see his relative being beaten. Grabs a hammer and knocks one of them in the head, to chase them out of the store. The teen is in critical condition. And the only one charged so far is the deli store owner with multiple felony accounts and a $150,000 bond.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah lets hope so...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just because they're on your property....well he was on my roof. i believe that would call for different measures...this is where an excuse such as "i was just passing by" would not cut it.
    especially at 10:45 at night

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just being on your property doesn't really cut it I don't think. However, someone being on your roof for no good reason is reason enough...at least in Texas. However, if you intentionally shoot to kill, you'll go to jail for murder. I've had people knocking around trying to get into my back fence/messing w/ the dumpster on my property. The sound of a shotgun cocking is enough to scare anyone with half a brain away
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKristoff View Post
    just because they're on your property....well he was on my roof. i believe that would call for different measures...this is where an excuse such as "i was just passing by" would not cut it.
    especially at 10:45 at night
    By profession, I hand over a lot of security footage to officers. While that sounds like the right idea, I've seen a lot of attacked people in cuffs as well. 8( I'm waiting for an officer to explain the video I posted above next time they stop into my office.

But you did the right thing, you were ready to -protect- yourself, and called the police to let them apprehend him. And thankfully it ended without harm to anyone.

Nate.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just being on your property doesn't really cut it I don't think. However, someone being on your roof for no good reason is reason enough...at least in Texas. However, if you intentionally shoot to kill, you'll go to jail for murder. I've had people knocking around trying to get into my back fence/messing w/ the dumpster on my property. The sound of a shotgun cocking is enough to scare anyone with half a brain away

lol...well had the bat and knife not been enough, he would have heard a 308 winchester high power lol...bolt action high powers **slur** lol....
    that or the fact that im 6'6" now who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That deli owner thing is messed. So you supposed to let them do whatever they want? When you call the cops and they run away what you get in return? Your friend and store are messed up and some punks got away. I guess the system is garbage.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-01-2008 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your 1,000th post btw JMurphy! 8)

But yes, I agree with the system flaws, my jaw dropped when I heard he was arrested. Are you suppose to watch your co worker get beat, killed, etc by a 3 on 1 fight? When -can- you defend yourself, or others or that matter.

I could be wrong, but I think some of this stuff is actually state specific. How you can defend yourself might be different from one location to another.

I'll defiantly ask an officer next time they come to my office, they like to ramble on and on anyways.

Nate.
    My Grow List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast