Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uhg....stupid prowler around the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could be wrong, but I think some of this stuff is actually state specific. How you can defend yourself might be different from one location to another.
    Yep. In TX, you are allowed to use "necessary force" (even if it ends up being lethal) to stop ****, mugging, beatings, etc, even of someone you don't know. If someone breaks into your neighbor's house and steals some of their stuff and is running down the street with it, you're allowed to shoot at them....as they're running down the street.

And that is one of the many, many reasons why Texas is the best .

EDIT: wow.....it blurred out a crime? I meant to use the word for forcing someone to have sex with you.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have called the police right away. Going out with a bat & knife fell way short of being a good idea. I'd chew out my daughter if she did that while home alone.

Someone on the roof is either looking to do something bad or isn't thinking right. That's a job for the police. Obviously the latter should be a job for someone other than the police, but we have to rely on what we have. Which is police.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    Don't be so sure about attacking someone on your property just because they are on your property.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/de...ers/2674920346

Here's a video of 4 teens beating up a deli worker after he confronted them about stealing food. While the clerk was being beaten up, the owner woke up, came out to see his relative being beaten. Grabs a hammer and knocks one of them in the head, to chase them out of the store. The teen is in critical condition. And the only one charged so far is the deli store owner with multiple felony accounts and a $150,000 bond.
    Ugh, what a joke. I cannot believe the owner is the one getting charged!

Kristoff - glad you are ok. That must have been very frightening. Maybe you can buy some of those 'beware of dog' signs to stick up while alone. Have your parents invest in some motion lights if they haven't already. So - had he ever made it into your house at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we have motion lights, the guy never got inside. im honestly one of the people who dont get scared that easily, so going out to confront someone isnt that big of a deal...im big enough to defend myself, im aware that doesnt matter in the case of him possibly having a gun. but had i not gone out, he would have persisted in doing what he was doing. you yourself would chew out your daughter for doing something like that, and i can understand because of it being a daughter, there are many sexual predators out there. but i think im the last person a sexual predator wants...im a pretty big kid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if he just so happened to have a fetish for 6'6" guys with long hair?
    I remember 2 Christmases ago, a rapist escaped from jail and was apparently hiding out in my town. I didn't care, until I found out he had raped like 15 dudes.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    What if he just so happened to have a fetish for 6'6" guys with long hair?
    I remember 2 Christmases ago, a rapist escaped from jail and was apparently hiding out in my town. I didn't care, until I found out he had raped like 15 dudes.
    ROFLMAO OMG... that post really made me crack up out loud.

Lol... anywho I'm with PK on this one. I have a 12 gauge for home defense as well, but I prefer my Glock 17 with the laser/light combo. It's really bright and aiming is point and click (A good shotgun pumping sound will deter just about anyone though). Either way California is super lame about crimes like this. I swear the criminals have more rights than the victims. Their have been more than a few cases where home invaders end up suing people that hurt them in self defense. I remember a classic piece of advice a San Diego cop once gave me: "If you're going to shoot someone breaking into your house, make sure he doesn't live." I'm glad you defended your home Kristoff. Next time grab the 308 though and don't take any chances. Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need one and not have it.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my mom had a guy like that when she was a kid except it was more than her house and the guy dressed up in a gorilla suit.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My parents and I are going through a situation with some new neighbors. They have to be IN the house to be shot. If they are on your property, legally you can't do anything. We were told you must go inside and call the sheriff and wait for them to get there to take care of it (which would be 45 minutes to get to my house). Messed up eh?

The way the laws are written, one can't even protect ones property unless they enter the dwelling.

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast