Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uhg....stupid prowler around the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ELECTRIC FENCE!! haha with live barbwire see if they enter your yard then.
    they have to climb it to get inside. Or set up motion detection sprinklers and put them near the entrances so that any intruders will get sprayed with water, you might get wet though.Check your laws and stuff, I think you might be able to shoot with them on the property but you probably have to have a DO NOT TRESSPASS sign every so many feet on your property.
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

What is and what should never be Crissytal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Trespassing signs don't do nor mean a thing here in NC. We've had a lot of legal advice lately, they must be in the house; otherwise we are just supposed to stand by and call the law. It's ridiculous. We had to put up a 7 foot privacy fence.

EDIT: SirKristoff you did the right thing. If you had done something, and you were not sued or sent to jail, you still might have had the incident on your mind. I'm glad to hear he was caught. Hopefully you won't be seeing him again!

Crystal
    Where do we go when we just don't know,
    And how do we relight the flame when it's cold?
    Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing,
    And when will we learn to control?
    --Godsmack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically people have the right to come and go off your property without being harmed period. Hence, what Crisstal is experiencing.

The neighbor's kid going to get a ball that came into the yard.
    The electric company reading the meter.
    The postal worker delivering mail.
    The religious person looking to talk to you at your front door.
    Curious about, but I'd imagine, the neighbor trying to get a Frisbee off your roof.

The drunk driving through your lawn. My old family friend used to have this problem, she had a corner house and roudy / drunk teens would end up driving through her lawn instead of turning the corner. They were so fed up with it, that they asked the city if they could put up a fence, rocks, a tree, tire spikes, anything to stop it from happening. She was told if you put anything in your yard to specifically damage / hurt someone from doing this, she would be liable for any injury. -Including- The rocks and trees.

For meter readers... Even if you put out a beware of dog sign, let out your dog, not knowing the meter person is back there and gets bit... you're still liable.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    Typically people have the right to come and go off your property without being harmed period. Hence, what Crisstal is experiencing.

The neighbor's kid going to get a ball that came into the yard.
    The electric company reading the meter.
    The postal worker delivering mail.
    The religious person looking to talk to you at your front door.
    Curious about, but I'd imagine, the neighbor trying to get a Frisbee off your roof.
    The neighbor kid with the pencil running to poke your flytraps traps.
    Only happened once I said "NOOO!" before anything happened and I asked her kindly to not play with my plants, then I told her they only close for insects so poking them wouldn't make them close. She then proceeded to run off and play and I haven't had any problems since.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    They were so fed up with it, that they asked the city if they could put up a fence, rocks, a tree, tire spikes, anything to stop it from happening. She was told if you put anything in your yard to specifically damage / hurt someone from doing this, she would be liable for any injury. -Including- The rocks and trees.
    And that is why you don't say anything about why you are putting up a tree, becuase then you could say it was not to specifically stop anything from happening you just wanted a tree in that corner of your yard and this guy was foolish enough to crash into it.
    Spikes might not pass though I mean who just puts spikes in there yards as decorations?
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i get scared very easily!!! even when i am not alone!! I have a semi anxety and a worst case senario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my mom had a guy like that when she was a kid except it was more than her house and the guy dressed up in a gorilla suit.
    scary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by polywer2345 View Post
    scary
    oh no thats not scary, what scary is when there was a guy entering a tent becuase there stepdad made her and her siblings sleep outside and she had to rip the back of the tent to escape.
    The gorilla guy well he was found to be the neighbor guess he was just scaring people or pulling a hoax.
    view my growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nate,

About the coming and going thing, in Texas, we specify from sunset to sunrise, you're not allowed to be on someone's property without expecting The Reckoning. I remember quite a few years ago, there was a guy that lived in a trailer park, and he heard someone messing around underneath it at ~midnight. He went out, saw someone underneath his trailer, and shot and killed the guy. The shooter wasn't charged.
    In Lubbock a while back, there was a tractor stealing ring composed of illegal immigrants. Eventually a farmer caught them, and shot and killed to of them, even though they were running. He got off too.

From the Texas penal code:
    Deadly Force to Protect Property

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to prevent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonable believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"

Deadly Force in Defense of Person

"A person is justified in using deadly force against another if he would be justified in using force under Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable person in the same situation would have not retreated. The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, r4pe or robbery."

The rest is here: http://www.self-defender.net/law3.htm

Have I already mentioned how much I love Texas?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast