Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uhg....stupid prowler around the house

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup then it defiantly varies state to state... I can't find the law stating it... but here's an article where another store owner got arrested for firing at 3 fleeing robbers. (He would be charged with 6 to 30 years in prison for doing so)

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/200...e754567044.txt

“The law in Illinois is that you cannot defend property with deadly force,” Owens said.

“I know a lot of people object to this type of charge, but we, as prosecutors, must follow what laws our legislators have passed in the state of Illinois.”
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFlyTrap2 View Post
    Don't be so sure about attacking someone on your property just because they are on your property.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/de...ers/2674920346

Here's a video of 4 teens beating up a deli worker after he confronted them about stealing food. While the clerk was being beaten up, the owner woke up, came out to see his relative being beaten. Grabs a hammer and knocks one of them in the head, to chase them out of the store. The teen is in critical condition. And the only one charged so far is the deli store owner with multiple felony accounts and a $150,000 bond.
    Really depends on your local DA and state laws. Arizona and Florida have Castle Doctrine laws so you are pretty much free to take whatever measures are necessary to insure your safety. Chasing somebody down is NOT an option in any state as far as I know though. That is no longer considered self defense, but assault. You better believe anybody that breaks into my house is going to be very sorry and won't be breaking into any other homes any time soon if ever again... should they pose a threat and decide not to run at the sight of an AR15 of course.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Self defense laws vary from each state.In general you can only use deadly force when you are in fear of yours or another persons life. If you are in a situation like this you may have to prove that you were in fear of your life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right, that case is there so you cant just shoot whoever pisses you off in the head when they trespass however much some people may want to.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissytal View Post
    We've had a lot of legal advice lately, they must be in the house; otherwise we are just supposed to stand by and call the law. It's ridiculous. We had to put up a 7 foot privacy fence.
    Crystal
    That's why you're supposed to drag the body back into your house after you shoot. Maybe put a knife in the intruder's hand to make them look more hostile.

We don't have to worry about burglars because we have a viscous guard dog.

People actually say having a dog in one's house deters burglary. Most burglars are afraid the dog will bark and wake up the owners, who will then get their guns or call the police.
    Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't have any guns in my house, but I have a handful of things in my room to defend myself with.

1. Lacrosse Stick
    2. Bass Guitar
    3. Acoustic Guitar
    4. Surfboard
    5. French Horn
    6. 15 Gallon Terrarium (I think that would be effective)

-Maxx
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    6. 15 Gallon Terrarium (I think that would be effective)
    Just remember to take out the plants, Maxx.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I'll tell the trespasser to hold on a second while I remove the plants . Oh and since I raise mantids, I have a small plastic container (closed of course) brimming with big ol' flys that are buzzing around 24/7. Let's see how they like that!
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast