What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

• Thread starter bianchi914
  • Start date
Hi everyone!

So i wanna know whats your favorite genre, artist, and album

Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Queens of the Stone Age.

Country/death metal/German rap.
Favorite artist ever is a 3 way tie between The Smashing Pumpkins, Slayer, and Sido. Album is tied between Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness/God Hates Us All/Maske.

Clutch, Guns N Roses, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam

Everything from mozart to metallica.

Pretty much everything, Just depends in what mood I am in. Rap, Rock, Hard Rock, Christian Metal, Christian Rap, Pop, and Classical.

Some of my favorite Artists are: Evanescence, Fort Minor, Linkin Park, Green Day, TobyMac, and 116 Clique.

I like anything that rocks: Heavy Metal, classic, present.

Top of the list Led Zeppelin.

80s-90s industrial (ala WaxTrax! Records) holds a special place in my heart.

Then alot of the music to come out of the 90's. Smashing Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, etc.

Though I have stuff going back as far as "Glenn Miller and the Army Air Force Band", and things in between.

Classical is something I'm starting to delve into. "Classic Rock" usually bores me to tears though. I think because I've heard it all before.

Mostly 80's metal; Judas Priest and Iron Maiden for the most part, at the moment.

Hemmy Menal! I have a cold... Heavy Metal!

AC/DC, Beethoven, Willie Nelson, Sinatra, Metallica, Blood Sweat and Tears, Beatles, Harry Chapin, Pink Floyd, James Brown, Mozart, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tower of Power, Temptations, Black Sabbath, Puccini, Doobie Brothers, Prokofiev, Count Basie, Johnny Cash...and the list goes on.

I have no single favorite and have been known to stop Aerosmith in mid song and switch to Bach. It depends on my mood. In one week, I saw ZZ Top with Lynryd Skyryrd, James Brown and the Berlin Philharmonic live and was fine will them all.

I lean towards classic rock and old soul/funk, but sometimes folk or acoustic rock is what I need. Other times, big band or blues. Certain classical works are more effective at the gym for heart rate than some metal songs and when traveling back from Europe in the middle of the night, the best thing is putting on the headphones and cranking Pink Floyd while you contemplate hurling backwards in time in a tiny tube 33,000 feet over the ocean. Very trippy.

Nowadays, it is mostly just the odd song on the radio that I'll latch onto but would hardly call myself a fan of the artist. I do admire groups or singers for what they do, but not necessarily their output or genres.

We've done this before and I keep this list in my Drafts Folder:

Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, Beatles, Stones, DC 5, Hermans Hermits, Pet Clark, Monkees, Beach Boys, CCR, Neil Diamond, Archies, 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express, Andy Kim, Tommy Roe, Osmonds, Jackson 5, Johnny Rivers, Supremes, 4 Seasons, 4 Tops, Bay City Rollers, ELO, Elton John, Olivia Newton- John, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Miller, Boney M, Glen Campbell, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Boston, Slade, Sweet, DuranDuran, Flock Of Seagulls, Josie Cotton, Culture Club, ABBA, Go Go's, Bangles, Bananarama, Rick Astley, John Cougar Mellancamp, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Springfield, Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer, KC & Sunshine Band, Debbie Gibson, Belinda Carlisle, Sheryl Crowe, Misssing Persons, Dave Edmunds, Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Byrds, Animals, REM, Erasure, ZZ Top, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, Human League, Simple Minds, Wham, Tommy James, BTO, Brownsville Station, Eurythmics, Ramones, Stray Cats, Blondie, Madonna, New Order, Pat Benatar, Survivor, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Apollogetix, and a few others.

We've done this before and I keep this list in my Drafts Folder:

Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Ricky Nelson, Beatles, Stones, DC 5, Hermans Hermits, Pet Clark, Monkees, Beach Boys, CCR, Neil Diamond, Archies, 1910 Fruitgum Co., Ohio Express, Andy Kim, Tommy Roe, Osmonds, Jackson 5, Johnny Rivers, Supremes, 4 Seasons, 4 Tops, Bay City Rollers, ELO, Elton John, Olivia Newton- John, Linda Ronstadt, Steve Miller, Boney M, Glen Campbell, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, Boston, Slade, Sweet, DuranDuran, Flock Of Seagulls, Josie Cotton, Culture Club, ABBA, Go Go's, Bangles, Bananarama, Rick Astley, John Cougar Mellancamp, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Springfield, Gloria Gaynor, Donna Summer, KC & Sunshine Band, Debbie Gibson, Belinda Carlisle, Sheryl Crowe, Misssing Persons, Dave Edmunds, Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, Paul Simon, Byrds, Animals, REM, Erasure, ZZ Top, Talking Heads, Depeche Mode, Billy Idol, Human League, Simple Minds, Wham, Tommy James, BTO, Brownsville Station, Eurythmics, Ramones, Stray Cats, Blondie, Madonna, New Order, Pat Benatar, Survivor, Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Apollogetix, and a few others.

Nice and eclectic-just how I like it. I think that I've actually heard of everyone on there or almost all-yes, even 1910 Fruitgum Co!

I like just about everything, from classic rock, to classical, to ambient, new age, eletronica, rock, alt rock, country, metal, basically everything except rap. Favorite era - the 90's and bands such as peal jam, STP, etc. Love that decade for music.

My favorite: Toss up between U2 (especially their early material) and Chris Isaak.

It depends on what mood I'm in at any given time when the question is asked, but favorite genre is always going to be some variation of techno/electronica. I like it all, Drum and bass, gabber, happy hardcore, hardcore, trance, acid, etc. My favorite out of the above is Happy Hardcore, ATM.

Favorite band is No Doubt before Gwen sold out (favorite song is New), with Garbage being a close second. Favorite artist... hrmm... I don't really have a favorite favorite but at the moment, I'd say Missy Elliott.

I like ALL music except religious and country, pretty much. And... I guess polka/bluegrass/folk, but those aren't mainstream so they were an afterthought. Not crazy about classical, but I don't hate it. I don't like rap, but I do like hip hop and pop rap.

Favorite band is No Doubt before Gwen sold out (favorite song is New), with Garbage being a close second. Favorite artist... hrmm... I don't really have a favorite favorite but at the moment, I'd say Missy Elliott.

Ah, yes, I love Garbage. Especially their first album. Shirley has a great voice.

In alphabetical order...

Beirut, Blink 182, Bloodhound Gang, Blur, The Bouncing Souls, The Bravery, The Buggles, Choking Victim, CKY, Cream, Daft Punk, Deep Purple, Dispatch, Dragonforce, Electric Light Orchestra, Electric Six, Eve 6, Fatboy Slim, The Flaming Lips, a couple of Kanye West songs, Leftover Crack, Marcy Playground, New Order, Oasis, OMC, Ozzy O, P.O.D, The Postal Service, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Rage Against the Machine, Ram Jam, Rancid, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Reel Big Fish, Seal, Semisonic, Smashing Pumpkins, The Strokes, Sublime, System of a Down, Third Eye Blind, Tommy James & The Shondells, Transplants, Vampire Weekend, Weezer

Just to name a few...

SUBLIME <-- Truly nuff' said.

I like all types of music though. If it's melodic, sounds good, or has great lyrics, I'll listen to it.

can't believe that I forgot to mention Spinal Tap!

*smack*

Black Metal, Death Metal, Classic Rock, Trance, Electronica, Drum & Bass, Classical. etc.
too many bands and albums to go over xD

Back