Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Derby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i saw the replay and the way she was running was very odd coming down the strech.... instead of a gallop it was more like a vertical stomp....really weird. but really sad too. big brown was going to be my choice. but we had random drawings. my bro got 100$ ha.

Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really feel for the horse. To most of the owners these horses are nothing more than a big investment anyway.

I can't stand to watch the Kentucky Derby because I just can't stand to see all them stupid hats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't watch any horse race. Not only do I feel a sense of dread waiting for a horse to go down, I don't want to see a bunch of useless rich people prissing around. The stupid hats definitely make the Kentucky Derby the worst of the bunch and mint juleps suck.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not any kind of comment about the Derby or horse racing, just a FYI... A few years ago it became known that the once proud derby winner Ferdinand had been sent to a Japanese slaughter house. After that, some of the most expensive horse farm land in Kentucky was set aside as a retirement home for these great champions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2899242.shtml

Av

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If people are animal lovers why do they watch & support this stuff?

I like dogs but I don't go to dog fights.

I've never agreed with animal based entertainment - how many bears do you see in alaska riding a unicycle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    supper sad i am tearing up!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree with swords on this one

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with horse racing... horses have been raced informally more or less since they were domesticated. Horse shows, dog shows, dog sports, cat shows, any domestic animal show or sport is all based on entertainment and breeders' pride in the animals they've created and trained. As long as the animals are taken care of, I don't personally see a problem with this, and any accidents that occur are generally just that, accidents. Dog fighting is in a totally different category, as there the animals are *guaranteed* to be hurt, most often very severely/fatally, and that is unconscionable.

Horse racing could be fine if a few things improved.... I do think that the sport can be made a WHOLE lot safer, that breeding can be improved, and that they should race the horses a lot older than they currently do- most non-racing trainers don't put horses under saddle AT ALL until AT LEAST 4 years old, when their bones are more settled. I don't really see that happening, unfortunately (too much greed) and that's why I'm off horse racing for good.
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast