User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If this is not disturbing I don't know what is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Our economy would collapse without illegal immigration. It'll probably collapse anyway, but illegal immigration keeps our agriculture-industrial complex going, so it does affect every American on a personal level. And I have no doubt that native-born Americans perpetrate more crimes on illegal immigrants than the other way around.

Back to Italy, Berlusconi controls ~90% of the media through his own business empire and through government-run media. So Italy is a great example of what a lapdog press can allow to happen. Italians aren't as stupid as they act during elections, but it shows what forced ignorance can accomplish. We're well on our way.
    How would the United States' economy collapse? They are a drain on the economy as it stands right now. That means that overall, they contribute less than what they take in the form of entitlement programs, medical bills, crime, etc. As it stands, all of that agriculture and industrial work that they do which you are touting, is subsidized by the rest of the country. We managed just fine before millions of people began flooding across the border in recent decades since they obviously cannot manage their own country. If you want to come to the United States, that's great. I'm not saying we should shut everybody out, and I don't think anybody is. However we need to make sure you're not a criminal and have something to offer and will be an asset to the country rather than a detriment or drain on the economy. We don't need more people like that. We have enough living in trailer parks and ghettos as it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a really simple idea to cut down on the illegal immigrant "problem"...and I think it's much cheaper than building a big fence or anything crazy like that.

The answer lies in this:

Illegal immigration affects many Americans on a personal level besides billions in taxes going towards paying for their medical bills and other nonsense.
    Quite frankly, if we as a society stop paying for all these extras (and get rid of the anchor baby program) for illegals, then the economical burden of that goes away, and the lack of freebies would turn away some potential illegals.

But for some reason, hiring a bunch of border patrol police-types and building big fences is apparently the most sane way to go about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ps..opps..I replied to a political thread..
    thats against my own "rules"..
    but once again I was duped by a very ambiguous subject heading..
    I wont be reading this thread anymore! (seriously..)
    This was not meant to be a topic on immigration. I was worried about the people openly wanting a return of the Falange. I know you are not reading this but for the benefit of others, I would like to say that the Italian situation is hardly a parallel to any conservative here… they [the italians] came to power on the immigration issue but that is hardly the only thing they are up to. Tearing down museums or whatever else.
    that makes no logic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12