Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Father/daughter Talk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    That is so stupid and does not reflect our political parties. I'm a registered independent and I don't belong to either party.

You can't tell me that you believe that Bill Gates deserves tax breaks when the average person is struggling to buy enough gas to get back and forth to work.

It's got nothing to do with how hard you work or study like your dumb little story put it. It's got to do with making the people that make millions pay their fair share.
    The republican party is run by the rich and it's first goal is to make sure the rich gets richer and keeping regular people working to keep them rich. They use religion, and religious issues to keep them in power.

I'm voting democrat this election because I can't support a party that supported an idiot for 8 years.
    I suggest a quick trip over to the IRS's website to see exactly WHO pays all of the taxes in this country. I've seen an pie chart on their site before but can't find it. Everything I see there right now is in XLS format. Here's an easy to read chart for 2005 from another site:

http://www.ntu.org/main/page.php?PageID=6

The top 10% earners paid 70% of the pie! Low income families/earners already pay much lower percentages. Since the "rich" are shouldering most of the tax burden, I don't really mind at all if they get a tax break here and there. If you look at the chart year by year, the poor are paying less and less % wise every year and the rich are paying more.

Personally I'm in favor of a flat tax percentage. Everybody pays the same percentage. That's fair in my opinion. The "rich" will still pay more taxes than the "poor" since by nature they have a higher volume of income. The best part is we can get rid of the huge bloated bureaucracy that is the IRS!

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Didn't Washington also warn us about getting tangled up in foriegn affairs?
    And we might all be speaking German or Russian right now if we didn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC, some years ago, there was a survey done about raising taxes for the "rich".

I can't recall the exact quotes and figures, so take this with a grain of salt, *but*

It came out saying that something like 3/4's of Americans favored increasing the tax on the rich....

Some weeks/months later, it was decided that "Rich" defined anyone making more than $30k/yr.

Support for raising the taxes on the "rich" suddenly dropped off dramatically.

Ah, the joys of wordplay and non-descript definitions.

Personally, I've been reading too much on LRC and Mises to favor any taxes at all. But I'll save that topic for another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien1099 View Post
    The best part is we can get rid of the huge bloated bureaucracy that is the IRS!

Amen brother.

If taxes are to be, I'd prefer we tax spending rather than income. Do away with the IRS and confiscatory taxes and have a national spending tax. I would find this tax burden to be more tolerable and understandable.

Remember, whatever you subsidize you'll get more of; and whatever you tax you'll get less of............to poorly paraphrase President Reagan.

Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things would be a heck of a lot better if we would just go to a flat % tax instead of having all the deductions here and there.

I like the "fair" tax idea where there is a national sales tax, but I would be happy with just a flat % across the board. No deductions no loopholes.

And whoever said it was right. Corporations do not pay any taxes in a round about way. Because the taxes they have to pay end up increasing the price of their goods or service to compensate for having to pay for the taxes. Sooooooo the consumer ends up paying for it in the end with the corporation just paying for it up front and we pay the corporation back. Anyone who doesn't believe that is a fool and doesn't know how companies work. And when the taxes get to high for them and they cannot pass it onto the consumer they either go out of business or change products. That is why companies based outside the country are able to price a little lower than American countries. When the headquarters are in another country, they pay that countries taxes. So they have less to make up.

That is what people do not realize with the fair tax proposal. You stop all income tax, you stop all taxation on companies. Then that takes about 23% off the price of the goods. (the ones that don't will loose business because someone will and then others will follow. Read the book about the fair tax it can explain better than me.) Then you add the 24% (I may have my %'s wrong so don't quote me on those please) So the prices of good will virtually stay the same because the tax is already embedded into the price of the good, and that is ONLY new goods. This action would give everyone a full paycheck and only tax on the things they spend. Now EVERYONE would get a prebate check to cover the cost of the taxes one at the poverty level will spend. The poor and the rich alike. The advantage of doing this would make the US the largest tax shelter for businesses and you would be surprised at how many businesses would move their headquarters here to get the tax break. That would increase jobs here and put us on top again. IMO

I know there are a lot of people who do not believe it, but I think it would be the best thing for our country and economy.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, everyone who's poor is poor because they're stupid and lazy.

Funny, I actually know someone who's struggling with poverty right now. But I guess a woman who graduated with a 4.0 GPA in astrophysics is really just lazy and stupid. Or maybe it has something to do with the protracted, disabling illness that lasted over 3 years....

But of you can tell, of course. You can just look at someone collecting a welfare check and instantly assess their entire genome and immune system and profess them healthy and able. I mean, can 3 spasmodic seizures a day be that bad? Suck it up!
    \"With malleus aforethought, mammals got an earful of their ancestor's jaw.\"
    --J. Burns, on the evolution of auditory ossicles.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You assume I am talking about everyone of them. You people really need to sit back and read what I type sometimes. I am not referring to those who are struck with an illness. I am not talking about those people who by some external factor need the help. I am referring the those that are milking the system. Those that you can tell are out partying and living it up on someone else's dime.

I don't like it when people twist what I say to make me look like an evil guy.

Mokele I was NOT talking about your friend who was struck with a disabling illness and now needs assistance. I am talking about the lady that lived across from my parents who was an epileptic controlled by meds, but would purposefully go off her meds so she would could have a seizure so she would make sure she kept her disability as high as she could. She may have still needed help, but there was no reason she couldn't have a job if she was controlled successfully by meds. Look at Montel. He has MS and is still working and going on location. He is controlled by his meds.

I'm done, I can't talk to those that are not willing to even listen to where I am coming from and want to do nothing but call my story stupid think I am an in-compassionate monster or have some other sarcastic comment to make about what I have typed.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just chime in for a second....

I took astrophysics 1 and 2 my first year of undergrad. Holy it was so hard. I think I'm a smart guy, but !!!!!!!!

In regards to welfare, I think people that want to, but can't physically work deserve every cent they get (actually, probably a little more). I think that people that don't deserve it but are on it should not be, and that money should go to those that DO deserve it. If we headed up some kind of investigation and got the people off it that don't really need it, we could benefit the ones that do to a much greater extent. I used to work at a grocery store in HS, and I'd see women come in that had SIX kids (wayyyyyyyy too many unless you're making over $1million a year) and they'd pay me with food stamps....BUT THEY HAD A CELLPHONE!!!!!!!!! If you're liivn gin a tin shack, and can't afford to feed your kids w/o gov't assistance, you don't need a cellphone, period, ever. Haven't you heard the famous story of Big Baby Jesus aka Dirt McGirt aka ODB who was a rapper earning millions a year, but went to go pick up wellfare stamps IN A LIMO, and was actually given them? There are certainly people that need it, who I fully support, but the system is broken, and at least half the people that receive it don't need it. You have 8 kids? You're irresponsible, and greedy. Condoms are about 15 cents a piece. If you can't afford them, don't have sex!
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post JB_OrchidGuy.

In regards to taxes I think the only fair tax system would be "fair tax". You don't have to worry about filling out IRS forms every year, and there's no complication to it. You get taxed on how much you consume (new products). Used products such as cars/houses aren't taxable. The current tax system is flawed and penalizes productivity.

As for the Dems, the only reason Obama/Clinton have so much hype is because they are offering more handouts. By the next election season we'll be handing out free homes and cars. The government has yet to do one program (Social Security/Welfare/Medicare) efficiently, and now we want to give the government control over our health insurance...very scary thought. What's worse is there will be more money removed from our paychecks to support these big government programs, at a time where every penny counts. If I recall I believe Obama has 3 big government taxing programs in the works, universal health care being 1.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast