Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Father/daughter Talk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When they are making 4 billion a year in profit (Profit being that above and beyond operating cost and investment cost) I do not think that is only 10% more than they actuality invested. If folks would be good people and do the right thing this would not need to be talked about, but I do believe they are trying to make as much as they can as fast as they can. They have not built a new refinery since 76. Where is all their investments going?
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    When they are making 4 billion a year in profit (Profit being that above and beyond operating cost and investment cost) I do not think that is only 10% more than they actuality invested. If folks would be good people and do the right thing this would not need to be talked about, but I do believe they are trying to make as much as they can as fast as they can. They have not built a new refinery since 76. Where is all their investments going?
    I think that EPA regs and government stipulations regarding refineries plays a huge role in the fact that you just stated. You left that out. Aside from that, oil does not magically appear at the refinery. Oil has to be located (exploration), extracted (drilling), and transported (tankers). Workers need to be paid.

Ever hear of Thunder Horse?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunder_Horse

That is a $1,000,000,000 US drilling rig. How many companies spend that much money on a single asset (and they nearly lost it!)? Now consider the fact while that is the largest in the world, many similar (but smaller) platforms have to be built elsewhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they don't spend that every year and also the profits they make is ABOVE and BEYOND that they spend on infrastructure like that. It is what they make AFTER expenses are paid and workers are paid and all that stuff you say they need to pay. Profit comes after that. It is total revenue minus operating costs and infrastructure costs. So 4,000,000,000 above all that is a little high don't you think for something so vital to the economy and life in general.
    JB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But they don't spend that every year and also the profits they make is ABOVE and BEYOND that they spend on infrastructure like that. It is what they make AFTER expenses are paid and workers are paid and all that stuff you say they need to pay. Profit comes after that. It is total revenue minus operating costs and infrastructure costs. So 4,000,000,000 above all that is a little high don't you think for something so vital to the economy and life in general.
    Quit complaining. Fuel here is cheaper than anywhere else compared to other western countries. The only places that have it cheaper are the big oil producers like Saudi Arabia, Iran, etc. You seriously need to do a little more research rather than looking at 2 large #s and making your eyes open wide and jumping to conclusions about how things "ought to be." When nobody is there to sell you oil because the companies that used to sell it are out of business, you'll have something to complain about. 10% profit is crap in reality. ExxonMobil sold $404b in fuel and only made $40.6b profit all while keeping fuel prices in the US comparatively cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alien1099 View Post
    You can tell who a person is by the people he/she surrounds himself with.
    By that logic, no politician should ever hold office... clearly, Hillary surrounds herself with saints. And I'm none too keen on having Bush Lite in office for another 4 years either. I have spiritual leaders who are friends as well, and you know what? I don't agree with everything they say. Being a member of a certain religion does NOT mean that you take every bit of nonsense they feed you... some do, certainly, but I think the majority of people (Christians in particular) are a lot more moderate than we're given credit for.

I also think this bozo of a pastor has a death grip on Obama's coattails, and is making as much noise as possible to get himself in the spotlight. It's not like you can control your friends; sometimes (oftentimes, actually) people get a little weird when they perceive the opportunity to be famous. Or infamous, as the case may be.

All told... I really can't make an election decision based on some loudmouth who Obama may or may not actually agree with.
    "Seeds? Oh yeah... sometimes I forget they grow from those. I feel like they should hatch or something."

~a friend's observation of my CP's

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard excuse Alien. It really is sad. Instead of actually making an argument you tell me I don't know. and I need to do some more research. I just know that profits are above and beyond operational cost. So I will complain when this is something required for everything ATM and then it makes the price of everything go up. We pay less for gas here because our taxes are less on the gas than other countries. Many other factors there. I just know that when a company makes record profits at the cost of other people so desperately in need of the stuff at the moment it's sad.

I dunno what statement I do not like more. "Quit complaining" or "Because i said so". Without complianing many thing in thsi world would not have changed. Civil rights comes to mind right off the top, but many other thigns work along the same lines.

I would gladly love to stop giving the oil Sheiks and Oil company CEOs my money and choose an alternative method of transportation. Nothing is a viable option yet. Riding a bike would take me too long to get to work and school, and so far there is no Hydrogen stations for me to buy a Honda fuel cell vehicle yet.

So the oil companies really have everyone by the cahoneys and here you are defending their actions. Are you some eleitest or something? I mean really. I am a college student who had to go part time with work so I can achieve my goals of becoming a nurse. Now I have to worry about how I am going to pay for food that is going up. I have to worry about how I am going to get to work and school, and I am going to have to worry about all kinds of goods I need to buy.

I had to buy a nut, one single nut, for my motorcycle. that nut cost me 6.24. There was a sticker on it that said 4 something and when I asked about it he said that was an older nut and the prices have went up. I paid for it before i got the nut and he sited fuel prices going up for the increase. So Give me a break. Win fall profits on something this necessary for daily living is just wrong and bad for the country.
    JB

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're over analyzing. If the pastor of your church is a Nazi, or a KKK member or something, and you heard these things said but chose to continue going to that church, it really says something about you. OK, extreme examples, but you get the idea. I believe if you tolerate racism, you're just as bad as a racist.

Putting up with a conservative pastor is one thing... putting up with "God DAMN America!" is really another, saying black and white children think differently, saying Euro-Americans are "deficient" , "America's chickens are coming home to roost", etc. I mean, I'm not offended. I've heard crazier people-and he is crazy- say crazier things, but I can see why some would be.

I never understood the concept of a "Black Church". Seems like a racist double standard to me..... I'd hate to see someone call their church a "White Church". Eek, grab some popcorn and watch [that fiasco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Standard excuse Alien. It really is sad. Instead of actually making an argument you tell me I don't know. and I need to do some more research. I just know that profits are above and beyond operational cost. So I will complain when this is something required for everything ATM and then it makes the price of everything go up. We pay less for gas here because our taxes are less on the gas than other countries. Many other factors there. I just know that when a company makes record profits at the cost of other people so desperately in need of the stuff at the moment it's sad.

I dunno what statement I do not like more. "Quit complaining" or "Because i said so". Without complianing many thing in thsi world would not have changed. Civil rights comes to mind right off the top, but many other thigns work along the same lines.

I would gladly love to stop giving the oil Sheiks and Oil company CEOs my money and choose an alternative method of transportation. Nothing is a viable option yet. Riding a bike would take me too long to get to work and school, and so far there is no Hydrogen stations for me to buy a Honda fuel cell vehicle yet.

So the oil companies really have everyone by the cahoneys and here you are defending their actions. Are you some eleitest or something? I mean really. I am a college student who had to go part time with work so I can achieve my goals of becoming a nurse. Now I have to worry about how I am going to pay for food that is going up. I have to worry about how I am going to get to work and school, and I am going to have to worry about all kinds of goods I need to buy.

I had to buy a nut, one single nut, for my motorcycle. that nut cost me 6.24. There was a sticker on it that said 4 something and when I asked about it he said that was an older nut and the prices have went up. I paid for it before i got the nut and he sited fuel prices going up for the increase. So Give me a break. Win fall profits on something this necessary for daily living is just wrong and bad for the country.
    Lets do the math here. Gas is $3.30 a gallon right now or so here in Phoenix at the moment. Take away the 10% "windfall" profits that the oil company is gouging you with and what do you have? $2.97. Lets pretend your motorcycle holds 14 gallons of gas like your average car (mine for example) and you fill it up from near empty. That's $4.62 out of $46. Do you think paying $41 instead of $46 and keeping the oil company profitable is going to make or break your budget? If that is making or breaking somebody every time they fill up, they need to budget better because they have serious financial issues. Seeing as though you have a motorcycle that is most likely twice as fuel efficient as your average car, I doubt you have a financial crisis due to the profits of the oil company.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast