What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Lowes Rescue(pics)

hahahahha im in western washington
our humidity is probably just as high outdoors as it is in those cubes ;)

That is a great score! Look at all those plants. :D

My all-time record for a Lowes rescue was getting $504 worth of half-dead plants for $5. The manager told me I could have all the plants I wanted off of the two sale racks. I loaded up a shopping cart with orchids and all kinds of plants. Unfortunately, no CPs. Poor clerk had to ring up every plant and get the total and then discount it to $5. I think I pissed off the people behind me in line.

I always remember the manager's name...Waughn Vaughn. lol What a great name!

Yay for rescued CPs!

w00t PAK :3
hahahha i pissed off pleanty of people behind me in line yesterday. was pretty epic really xD especially when i got home, my stepfathers jaw dropped. xD

Well
its been a little over a month
ill post pictures soon
most of the plants of sprung right back up
whoever said D. Adelae couldnt be grown in full sun.....rofl. a few came back from the roots and they look pretty amazing.
most of my sarracenia are perking up quite a bit, starting to send out some nice new growth.
the VFTs have all pretty much sprung back nicely. a couple are flowering.
the 2 neps are still iffy.
one is dead, it came with a dead growthpoint, it was pretty much a lost cause the moment i opened the case and saw it.
the other is doing all right, enjoying partial to full sun depending on the weather....
ick. washington weather lol.

I can't wait to see pics. Strangely enough, I was thinking about this thread the other day.

Has Lowes stopped selling carnivorous plants? I've been checking with several local ones here in Florida, and they haven't had any in stock for several months.

Wow! Not sure how I missed this thread before. Great score! I've gotten a cobra from Lowes for $1 (one of the big cubes), but usually they're so far gone that I don't even bother. My favorite was a ton of VFTs at a grocery store. The floral section manager explained that when the leaves are black or if there is red in the traps, then it is dying. I kept a straight face and gladly accepted the 10 plants that she picked out as "dying" and bought them for $.50 each. A while later, the rest of the plants were marked down to the same price and I snatched them all up. The few that made it through the winter died in early spring or vanished when squirrels dug in the pots.

I thought that that was a great score, but you win! I can't wait to see all of those rubras enjoying the full sun. Congrats, dude!

boy, i wish i could shop at the Lowes you go to.
I can't believe the manager would start discounting them when they look that good! sure there's a little browning, but the Lowes here in Cedar Rapids, IA sells the large cubes for $10 even if the entire plant is black and only has 1 small green speck on a pitcher.

Here is a couple pics from the bogs about 2 1/2 weeks ago or so ago they look even better now
CPs7-30-08009.jpg

CPs7-30-08010.jpg

Looking good! And by this time next year it will be a lot more filled in.

bless your soul, lol, I wished my soul was bless with 75% off on cp's at lowes.

Back