What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Lowes Rescue(pics)

Before:
i have a couple more of the large cubes that had ventricosas in them.
holygodlowesrescue003.jpg

After:
holygodlowesrescue004.jpg

holygodlowesrescue005.jpg

holygodlowesrescue006.jpg

holygodlowesrescue007.jpg

sorry a couple of the pics are blurry
it was getting dark and i wanted to get in and eat dinner xD

Holy crap.
Did you actually buy all of those?

ahhahahha yeah we made a deal with the lowes manager.
but yes, we bought all of em xD

ok before people start saying they are too crowded it looks like that because many of the sarr. pitchers and VFTs were etoliated and limped out...once they straighten up, it will look alot better

Wow, should look fantastic by the end of summer. 75% off, eh? That's quite the negotiation skill you have!

yeah lets hope so!
i couldnt let the little guys die D;

what is your relation with the manager?

Woah. That's a lot of cubes (wouldn't it be more appropriate to call them Lowe's rectangular prisms of death ;)?).

what is your relation with the manager?

The manager would rather recoup some losses on plants that won't sell to the general population.

xvart.

edit: did you wet your peat/perlite before potting? It looks dry, and will be a nightmare to try and water and soak into the peat.

i watered it slightly, didnt want to do it too much because it rains here sooo much. given that they were in pots that were drenched, i figured id let them dry a little until it rains sometime today. i just checked em this morning, they seem more dry than yesterday, yesterday they were all.....soaked....kinda like a soggy lettuce leaf.
since it rains here all the time, they will be fine im sure.

shoudn't you acclimate them? i dont see the neps

The manager would rather recoup some losses on plants that won't sell to the general population.xvart.

I'm not sure what's different from the Lowes here to the Lowes there.. but my wife is a manager at lowes and they do not discount the CPs. The vendor they get them from takes dead plants back and gives full credit. so either there is a different agreement between your lowes and the vendor, or your manager doesn't know any better ;) So to those others of you thinking to go give it a try... don't be mad if they say no.
Andrew

PS- I don't really see why they should have been discounted... They all seem to be in alright health to me ??? :p

I'm not sure what's different from the Lowes here to the Lowes there.. but my wife is a manager at lowes and they do not discount the CPs. The vendor they get them from takes dead plants back and gives full credit. so either there is a different agreement between your lowes and the vendor, or your manager doesn't know any better ;) So to those others of you thinking to go give it a try... don't be mad if they say no.
Andrew

PS- I don't really see why they should have been discounted... They all seem to be in alright health to me ??? :p

I was going to say, I've tried to finagle some discounts on those cubes and was blown off by the manager. That's why I told Kristoff he musta had some great bargaining skills!

the plants didnt need to be acclimated, they were all outside at lowes.

and the neps are inside my terrarium, going to move them out into my gh

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what's different from the Lowes here to the Lowes there.. but my wife is a manager at lowes and they do not discount the CPs. The vendor they get them from takes dead plants back and gives full credit. so either there is a different agreement between your lowes and the vendor, or your manager doesn't know any better ;)

My vote is probably for the latter. Maybe I was just talking to some bum with a sharpie... lol.

xvart.

well
the manager usually closes them out when they start to look like they are dying
50% off of them
but since we bought a near flatbed size crate of em(every last one that was there), he gave us 75% off

Great deal bro
The plants look to be in great shape

the plants didnt need to be acclimated, they were all outside at lowes.
I'm pretty sure he's talking about acclimating them to lower humidity from being in the cubes.

Back