What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USPS rates going up.

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Just so you know, the USPS rate of $4.60 will go to $4.80 on Monday. Don't forget to adjust your give-aways. Stamps and other crap will go up, too, but I wasn't really paying attention.

I just read about this yesterday... Stamps are going up 1cent to 42... seems like I JUST bought the 41 cent stamps! lol

The USPS has "forever" stamps that don't require additional postage should the rates go up after buying them.

Online bill pay ftw! Haven't used a stamp in ages. Given gas prices, I can however understand the increases.

At my job (direct mailing) the office already posted the new rates with the line that they change on monday the 12th, and since most people there can't read english they started using the new rates already, that was fun fixing all that yesterday!:censor:

I have very few things that I have to use stamps for... That's why it took me all this time to buy the 41 cent stamps LOL good thing i bought a book and not a roll :p

Swords- that sucks man! you had to peel them all off or what? ???

The USPS has "forever" stamps that don't require additional postage should the rates go up after buying them.

Interesting... I did not know that. Do they cost more for this added "perk?"

xvart.

Beat me to letting everyone know about the forever stamps =)

Interesting... I did not know that. Do they cost more for this added "perk?"

xvart.

same price.....they just dont have a number on them......

same price.....they just dont have a number on them......

So I could buy a gajillion stamps for 41 cents and in 70 years when postal rates are $5 per envelope I could still use them?! I'm going to stock up!

xvart.

You must be around 10 years old then xvart :0o:
very smart

Andrew, No, we never use stamps at this company. We use postage meters which imprint that red, black or blue postage mark you'll see on your hospital bills, bank statements, etc. When a job gets screwed up that means we have to slit all the envelopes on a slitter machine then pull out the stuff inside and put it in a new envelope, then reseal and remeter at the correct postage. It wouldn't be bad if there was only a few hundred but when you have to redo 45,000... That'll put the breaks on your evening!
It's much easier when everyone runs it correctly on the inserting machines - then the boss and I can go back to hiding in our corners and reading our books! :)

So they overpaid by 1 cent? Wouldn't slitting, removing, new envelope, reprinting, cost way more than the error?

One would think so eh? It's incumbant upon our company to foot the rework bill since it was our employees mistake whereas if the client calls and says "wait we sent the wrong inserts" and we've already run the job then in that case they have to pay for the rework.

Try a fraction of a cent! Going from the mistake of $0.225 each down to $0.218 The job was a special mailing to get out before the price increase on Monday.
"Anything less than perfect is unacceptable", "excellence endures" and all that company slogan BS! :(

Back