What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was admitted to the Honors program in college. Anyone with experience?

If you like to learn and are serious about gaining a title for yourself, college will be great for you. However, I have seen several people and their college careers go down the drain because they spent too much time on their social life: friends, relationships, and partying.

Don't worry about Math, watch out for Genetics.... hehe ;)

Do you have an advisor? If so, discuss it with them, and ask about all the requirements in detail.

Some colleges have really kickass honors programs, others just load you down with a bunch of crap courses which may or may not be useful. I never accepted the invitation for the honors program because it was the latter, and I preferred to remain narrowly focused on my field.

Basically, figure out what you want to do with your education, and see if honors works for or against it. Lots of accolades can be impressive, but only up to a point, and being good at what you do matters more.

Mokele

Back