Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Central FL Photos

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome! I just hope the fires don't damage any .
    On the contrary, most cp's depend on fire to survive. One of the biggest threats to cp's is that humans have learned to control and prevent fires that the cp's need.

A real irony is that when you suppress fire in an area, the fuel builds up and that's when you get the fires like you have now. These fires spread much faster and burns hotter than if the area was periodically burned. This hotter fire can kill cp's and other animals and plants that depend on fire to survive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    On the contrary, most cp's depend on fire to survive. One of the biggest threats to cp's is that humans have learned to control and prevent fires that the cp's need.

A real irony is that when you suppress fire in an area, the fuel builds up and that's when you get the fires like you have now. These fires spread much faster and burns hotter than if the area was periodically burned. This hotter fire can kill cp's and other animals and plants that depend on fire to survive.
    Hmm, forgot about that some need fires. But I actually doubt any were in harm's way, but I'm not sure if there [I]weren't[I] any. Though, I don't exactly remember how fires help.
    http://www.terraforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6789&dateline=1352508752

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

SO true.
    Join the Florida Carnivorous Plant Society today!
    My tiny growlist and Big want list. Check out growlist for trade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12