What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A fun way to solve World Hunger

Although a better way to solve world hunger is to give money to a trustworthy food program or donate directly to your local food bank, it is true that playing the word game does result in donotions. The rice is paid for by the advertisers on the site. More revenues generated from the site, the more donations.

On its first day of operations, only 830 grains of rice were donated. As of Oct. 2007, it was 2,457,120,420.

(Info from Snopes)

I played that game with a friend over the phone and we hardly missed any. It was fun. :)

I just saw a scary report on hunger in the U.S. It's growing in leaps and bounds. They showed food banks in different areas that were 95% empty. People don't have as much money to donate as they used to. The banks had no food to give. The report also said that more and more people with "good" jobs were showing up because they just can't make ends meet. Most people wouldn't get on camera because they didn't want people who knew them to see them having to go to a food bank. It was a very scary and depressing report.

So...maybe ask your local grocery stores to set up donation boxes. It's really bad when a food bank gets empty.

As I note, I played on that game once, and if they actually do send away rice, I sent away 10000 grains of rice. Yes, ten thousand!

i barely got to 3000 :(

Oh, you've heard of it too? In my class, when we have no work, we go on the computer and go on that. I usually always get 1000 grains before I get off.

Back