Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you were an atheist, Josh?

You got me, Jeremy. I just know that's a sticky situation I wouldn't want to be in. I'd need years of therapy if that ever happened to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a damn thing. Some people need to have some sort of control over others.

Nope Clint. If anything I was agnostic. Never an atheist.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bad. Agnosticism: the religious insurance policy

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this ONE time. DO NOT PUT INSULTS INTO THIS DISCUSSION.

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too late. Its already been done PAK. And not by me. I and I feel others have felt attacked in this thread already.

I have yet to find out when calling a kettle black is an insult. If its a duck its a duck.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, after reading 8 pages, it's clear that battle lines have been drawn and sides chosen. So I don't expect to change any minds, but I would like to express my humble opinion. I do not believe anyone should be discriminated against based on race, ethnicity, religion, familial status, disability, or sexual preferance. I also think that there are instances of seperate and/but equal, and along those lines I fall into the camp of marriage is a union between 1 man and 1 woman and a civil union is the union between 2 men, 2 women or 2 concenting adults that are cohabititating. Both 'unions' should have equal rights with respect to discrimination under the law. So you ask why dicern a differance? Well, again IMHO there is a differance. Are men and womens bathrooms seperate yet equal? Are the left and right lanes of a 2 lane road seperate but equal (and with obvious reasons)? If two concenting adults, of any gender (strait or gay) want to co-habitate, there should be legal recognition of that decision, a civil union.
    As for the other arguement that's crept into this thread, IMHO, even Charles Darwin's title to his book smacks of racism (and yes, I'm a creationist). Most of us only know of his book, Origin of Species, by the first half of its title. To me the 'or' just smacks of rasism and was written to justify the supieriority of certain (white) races when it was written in the 1840's. The books full name is
    On
    The Origin of Species
    by Means of Natural Selection,
    or
    The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life
    First Edition

by Charles Darwin

Now, before someone tries to label me racist, because I believe that under certain circumstances there is a place for seperate but equal, let me share a bit about my family. My wife of 10 years was born in Saigon. My son is Vietnamese American and Africian American. He has beautiful tan skin from his father and almond eyes from his mother. He is neither African or Vietnamese, he is American, but you just try not to treat him with equality, and you'll meet with a fathers rage. I protect him from the rasism he faces all the time with all the ferver a father can. He, IMHO is living proof of seperate and equal. He is seperate of any 'race' but an equal person in the 'human race'.
    Well, that all. Just my thoughts and just my opinion... and not yours (so I don't expect anyone to agree with them ) ...beacuse they're mine.
    What an intresting thread.....

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    Too late. Its already been done PAK. And not by me. I and I feel others have felt attacked in this thread already.
    Everyone has been contacted that has needed "encouragement" to stay to the topic at hand. It's difficult to stay on top of it when posts pour in in huge waves, and people quote things, and so on and so forth.

Never forget, in this thread and any thread, anyone can always report abuse by clicking the "report this post" button. Although we may seem omnipotent, us moderators occasionally miss things.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, you can change your settings so that a seven page topic becomes a two page topic. It's great!

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast