Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap thbjr's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    You know, you can change your settings so that a seven page topic becomes a two page topic. It's great!
    LOL, I already edited it to 8 pages because it grew a page while I was writing...and no, I didn't know I could change those settings .
    thanks for the info!!!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The discussion is good. The insults are not. I think most of it has been taken care of.

I'm all for a good lively debate but it CAN be done without arrogant, condescending remarks.

Carry on!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Darwin did have some racist undertones but that was 150+ years ago and no respectable scientist would take everything that Darwin published at face value, unless of course they were studying barnacles in which case he was the expert on them for quite a while.

As for separate but equal there is no such thing. By the nature of making something separate you admit it is not equal and that is wrong. It wasn't equal for races why should it be accepted for sexual orientation? If its ok for homosexuals lets bring it back for the races.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Someday is not a day of the week. Maxx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. This is a little off-topic but I am just shocked at how much writing people can put into one post! I mean sometimes I think to myself "Okay. That was a good amount." Then I look at the final piece and see it's only like 2 lines. Much like this post here.
    I regret little to nothing!

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, gays will finally be seen as humans - we'll see how long it lasts...

BTW I didn't read any of this topic, I don't wanna know who's got crazy prejudices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to throw in, His Holiness the Dalai Lama said that some traditions are worth keeping while others are worth throwing away. He never stated which ones but like so many people on here I agree that the gay marriage should no longer be a ban. I noticed ,too, that so many religious leaders (like the Pope) HATE changing tradition. They think the way it is now works for everybody. And religion is in our politics (hence the gay marriage ban) and should not be. Give it time and when a new generation of folks are in Congress and the White Hose things will change.

Our inability to stand someone results from our lack of cultivation.
    Having a wider heart and mind is more important than having a larger house.
    Happiness does not come from having much, but from being attached to little.
    Cheng Yen
    Last edited by xvart; 05-16-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: merged posts.
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnít read much of this topic, butÖ Itís a good day to live in California. Progress is great and separation of religion and government is imperative, IMO. I donít buy the comparison of homosexuality to bestiality and pedophilia in terms of marriage eitherÖ itís a bunch of rotten bologna.

Hopefully other states will soon follow.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    The same with pot. One glass of wine can intoxicate someone on an empty stomach. Maybe not you or I but a small woman could be. How about a Child?
    God knows your motives and your heart. If you are purposefully doing something to intoxicate yourself, then gee golly you might actually become intoxicated. Having a glass of wine is not a sin.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast