User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 97 to 104 of 188

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

  1. #97
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah dude, and she's totally cute to! Like Tara reid but not an alcoholic.

    We DO have coed bathrooms. I was thinking about your argument about gender-segregated bathrooms, and I realized that it's not being enforced and either gender. Males aren't forcing it on females and visca versa, and if you really have a moral problem with it you can go to a coed bathroom. It's really mutual, optional segregation.

    Besides the obvious physical differences, heterosexual and homosexual relationships are the same. Really, the same love you feel is what we feel, even if the right says those feelings are "impure". Love is love, I say, and I don't believe God has any problems with love, because he IS love. I don't believe God has a problem with love, whether it be between two men, two women, or a man and a woman. Whenever you say (not you in particular) "I have a problem with gay marriage" or "I have a problem with gays adopting" or "I don't believe two men/women should be together", what you're REALLY saying is "I have a problem with love".

    Reminds me of the lyrics to a song from Hedwig and the Angry Inch:

    http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/hedwi...iginoflove.htm

  2. #98
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    We DO have coed bathrooms. I was thinking about your argument about gender-segregated bathrooms, and I realized that it's not being enforced and either gender. Males aren't forcing it on females and visca versa, and if you really have a moral problem with it you can go to a coed bathroom. It's really mutual, optional segregation.
    Umm... it's not optional segregation man. If I walked into a women's restroom at a public establishment, I would be in HUGE trouble. Unless of course there were no women in the bathroom during the times I was in there.

    I suppose you think men and women's locker rooms are optional as well?

    What about the womens and mens sections at clothing stores. They segregate the clothing, separate is not equal...

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Besides the obvious physical differences, heterosexual and homosexual relationships are the same. Really, the same love you feel is what we feel, even if the right says those feelings are "impure". Love is love, I say. I don't believe God has a problem with love, whether it be between two men, two women, or a man and a woman.
    So you believe that there is no difference besides anatomical between a man and a woman? I disagree. I believe there is a difference between man and woman, that they are unique differences not in a bad or good way but it is much more than anatomical. That is why heterosexual relationships are different than homosexual relationships.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  3. #99
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's optional because you have the choice of going to a coed bathroom instead of a men's only bathroom.

    And there are also coed locker rooms. I wouldn't call men's and women's sections segregated, I'd call that organizing. If the articles of clothing developed consciousness and felt they were segregated, I'd fight for the whites to be mixed with the colors (no laughing, these are clothes!) and the blouses to me mixed with the suits. It just seems like you're using really weak arguments... c'mon.

    Maybe you mean heterosexual couples don't know what each other want as well as gay couples since they think differently :P Maybe that's why the gay community is portrayed as so much happier :P Seriously, Sure, I believe there are some mental differences, but... so what? What does that have to do with love? The love you experience is the same as the love we experience. No better or worse. And saying there are unique difference is pretty general. There are unique differences between one person and the next, and some men think in a manner similar to women (statistically) and visca versa.

    When people think of gay relationships, they almost always think about the sex and not the love. We aren't a bunch off raving nymphomaniacs.

  4. #100
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    It's optional because you have the choice of going to a coed bathroom instead of a men's only bathroom.
    There are no coed bathrooms here. I challenge you to enter a public women's restroom the next time you're out.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Maybe you mean heterosexual couples don't know what each other want as well as gay couples since they think differently :P Maybe that's why the gay community is portrayed as so much happier :P Seriously, Sure, I believe there are some mental differences, but... so what? What does that have to do with love? The love you experience is the same as the love we experience. No better or worse.

    When people think of gay relationships, they almost always think about the sex and not the love. We aren't a bunch off raving nymphomaniacs.
    The difference matters because they are different things. Why is it important to be called gay or homosexual? Why don't we just say you're straight or heterosexual? Why denote a difference there but then in terms of marriage you want the same name?

    Do you disagree with having two different terms for sexual orientation? If you don't disagree with the two terms, homosexual and heterosexual, and accept that they are different orientations (not in negative terms), then it would only make logical sense to have two terms for the two different unions.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  5. #101
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then move to somewhere more progressive.. or crowded. The point IS that if you REALLY wanted to, you could go to one. Drive. You're splitting hairs over a hypothetical situation.

    The problem is that civil unions and marriage are not synonymous. Straight people can have a civil union OR a marriage. Gay people can only have a civil union. That's not equality. Your argument would *sort* of be alright IF we made it illegal for straight people to have civil unions. That's not going to happen, and even if it was thinkable, I wouldn't want to limit the freedom of another person.

  6. #102

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    747
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok saying that a man walk into a womens bathroom is the same as making the legal definition to cover marriage to ignore the gender of the partners is asinine. If a man walks into a womens bathroom or the other way around they are forcing their way into a situation that may make some of those involved uncomfortable. Now allowing two consenting adults to marry each other regardless of the gender of the partners forces no one into a situation they are uncomfortable with, with the exception of people who feel its their job to dictate the actions of others because they think they know what is best.

    The whole point of this is to make the legal definition equal so that partners of any genders have exactly the same rights and social standing. If the church and the religous people still want a special word for their partnership go back to the ancient Hebrew word for marriage, just please don't claim right to a common use word. If we can at this point I am claiming ownership of the word THE, no one else can use it from now on. Please go back and edit all your previous posts. Thanks.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

  7. #103
    nepenthes_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Spring Feild Ohio
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol ktulu.

    The first part I think jlap was talking about the choice to go into a coed bathroom. The bathroom would be marriage, the sexed bathrooms could be civil union.

    OK, I have a question, In the christian religion, god DOES every thing for a reason.

    you said god DOESN'T make people gay.

    But doesn't he do things for a reason? Following your doctrine, god would then make gay people for you to try and convert them or w/e you feel you have to do to force your doctrine down other peoples throats.

  8. #104
    Cardiac Nurse JB_OrchidGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,818
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I'm just relaying stories I've personally heard. It's not a rarity and you can find them online as well.
    And I am telling you they are doing it because they are tired of the riticule. Or never were really gay to begin with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Where did I say I wanted to deny someone the right to be recognized as a family or deny them the right of the same protections under the law? Nowhere.
    By the vary nature ofyour post thats where.


    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    I think your logic is fallacy. There is no equivalence between the segregation of public schools and whether or not a gay couple is called a marriage or union. I also disagree with you that the definition of the institution of marriage should be changed.

    Please do explain how gay couples given the term civil union, with the same EXACT word for word legal rights as the legal definition of marriage would be disadvantaged.

    With your logic mens and womens bathrooms shouldn't be segregated. We should have only one bathroom for both sexes. Separate is not equal.
    Sure there is your segragating them by a physical feature. How is that different from sexual orientation? Ohhh You also wouldn't try to deny a guy that had a sex change from a guy to a woman from marrying a guy. He may have been changed physicaly, but geneticly he is still a man. Yet there is no stink to keep them from marrying a guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Once again you don't know me, so quit pretending. Just because I believe it is wrong for the definition of marriage to be changed does not mean I hate gays. There is no need to change the definition. Heterosexual relationships are different than homosexual relationships, and that is just plain fact. Just like women are different than men. We don't call women men, or men women, or both ONE name. They are both uniquely different and equal. So why is it so gosh darn important to REDEFINE the term marriage if honestly the two institutions here are different? It's not about rights, it's about social acceptability.
    I am not pretending and never once said I know you. I know your rhetoric and there is a word for it. Love is love man. The only aspect of a gay relationship your thinking about is the sex portion because that is the only part that is remotely different. I never thought the term marriage was being redefined. I have always seen it as someones interpretaion that it be between a man and a woman. This arguement is about rights. Right for equal protection. Social acceptance is already here with the select few still holding out protesting. Just like the few KKK member still hating on the Americans of color.


    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    So I assume that you've never heard of drinking in moderation? Or the health benefits that occur from doing so? People can abuse lots of things, that doesn't mean the only option is to abuse it. I would be careful how you are interpreting scripture because God is very clear about any kind of drunkenness (not only from alcohol) and it seems like you've either misread or added in extra tid bits to appease yourself. Maybe you should talk to your church's pastor about verses in question.
    Were you also aware that that was one study and there were other studies that say otherwise? It was never drinking in general either. It was refuring to one glass of red wine for the properties in the grape skin. Were you also aware that there is another study out there that says THC is a great anti-neurotoxin or it was being studied as one. I can find a study on anyting to prove my point. That same study has to be done several times with the same results to be really a valid study. And trust me this is coming from a guy who has used the whole one drink is good for you comment because of that study, but it was more of a joke to get what I wanted. Your right people can abuse alot of things and also do alot of things in moderation. I myself used to smoke in moderation too yet you still seem to think it is all or nothing there with pot, but ok with alcohol.

    I will admit to never reading a bible, but I have been meaning to so I can provide better arguments to you the things your saying. Just like the claims of others that their words were being taken out of context so can a single verse in the bible.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •