Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No... that wasn't meant as an analogy. I was really talking about bathrooms

I don't believe God does everything for a reason. I think he does very little. He allows things to happen; he doesn't make them happen. Let's say you get cancer through no fault of your own (smoking, etc). God doesn't give you cancer, he allows you to develop it. I don't believe everything happens for a reason. Life can just suck sometimes and everything doesn't have a purpose. You can spin anything into something positive, though. There was a cartoon I remember where God said "You know you're doing things right when people can't tell you're doing anything at all" or something like that. I think it was Futurama.

I don't believe all of them do it because they're tired of ridicule. Most, if not all of the people who go to those camps to be brainwashed REALLY feel like their sinful. There are even support groups on line for people who survived that experience and realized how wrong it is (the camps).

I have read the Bible cover to cover, only skipping the parts that are like page after page of "so and so begot so and so who begot so and so who begot so and so". I never study it, and I take very, very little of it literally. Really just the parts about Jesus. As far as I'm concerned, the old testament is completely ignorable and most of the new testament. It may have been inspired by God, but a LOT of TERRIBLE things have been "inspired by God" so that doesn't mean very much to me. It wasn't written by God, it was written by man. Racist, murderous, homophobic, sexist man. Things have changed a lot over the last few thousand years.

And besides, all of the books of the Bible aren't even in the Bible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Was Jesus gay?", by Pat Condell. That man is a genius....watch his other vids if you have the time.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfDlIa-Z8&feature=related
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we were put there at that exact time to meat each other.
    lol

Do you disagree with having two different terms for sexual orientation? If you don't disagree with the two terms, homosexual and heterosexual, and accept that they are different orientations (not in negative terms), then it would only make logical sense to have two terms for the two different unions.
    Make sense to whom?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thought of Jesus having sex with anyone gives me the creeps. It's like thinking about your parents... oh.. oh here it comes... get out of the way...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    ok..im not done yet..one more point.

in order for the Christian anti-gay position to make any sense and to be remotely valid, homosexuality has to be a CHOICE..you have to CHOOSE to be gay, and CHOOSE to therefore commit the sin of homosexuality..

because anti-gay christians certainty can never admit that gays are BORN gay..
    that wont work..because if they were born Gay that would mean God MADE them gay..
    and if God made them gay, then how can it possibly be a sin right?

so these Christians, amazingly, have to believe that gays CHOOSE to be gay..
    that position is so amazingly laughable its pathetic..
    and there is a very easy way to prove its wrong..
    simply ASK any gay person who has ever lived!
    ask them if they have a choice!

and if was a simple choice, like choosing to smoke or do drugs or commit adultry,
    why have so many gay teenagers commited suicide?
    why was it such a big deal that they had to kill themselves because their so-called "Christian" society told them they were evil?
    why couldnt they just say "well..this gay expirement of mine isnt working out so well for me..I guess I should just "switch back" and be straight now.."

why cant they "switch back" to being straight?
    because they were NEVER straight to begin with..

God creates babies with ambiguous sexual organs, neither totally male or female..I doubt anyone can sucessfully argue that the babies CHOSE to be that way while developing in the womb..
    so God Himself creates ambiguous physical sexual traits all the time..
    but yet we are to believe that its impossible to have male sexual organs yet not have male hetrosexual brain chemistry?? God cant do that? wow..I didnt know you had the authority to tell God what He can and cant do..arent you special.

and..if some people can choose to be gay..why cant ALL people choose to be gay?
    I honestly cant CHOOSE to be gay..its impossible..
    why?? because im NOT...its simply not an option for me.
    in the same way, gays cant choose to be gay..or choose to not be gay,
    they have no choice..they were CREATED gay..
    if you believe in God, you have no choice but to believe that God created them gay..
    therefore, homosexuality can not be a sin..its impossible.

ok..now im done!

Scot
    These were some funny comedians with bits that support what scott was saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7xZ-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grxnU...eature=related
    Presents are the best way to show someone how much you care. It is like this tangible thing that you can point to and say 'Hey man, I love you this many dollars worth. -Michael Scott, The Office

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking to someone else and thought I'd post this. This is from Hedwig and the Angry Inch and really is what I think of when I think of this topic. It's LOVE. It's not just sex, it's two people IN LOVE. To me, two people in love is beautiful. That's a gift from God. There is no "Gay love" or "Straight love". There's just love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YO9F...eature=related

Actually that movie/play is full of awesome, meaningful music. Of course the movie version sounds like crap with those lame backup singers compared to the album, but that's not the point.

LOVE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I'm gone for a week and I miss all the good discussions!

I wonder if my response is going to be inflammatory and I hope I don't get banned for this. I'm sure I'm going to repeat many of the arguments that have been made already but I want to have my say.

Marriage is no longer strictly an institution of the Church. From a legal perspective (which is what is being discussed here) marriage is a contract. Let's take a hypothetical situation: two straight athiests are married ouside the Church and it's a legal marriage. A marriage doesn't have to be condoned by the Church in order for it to be legal. Gays aren't asking for the Church to be forced to recognize their marriages; we're asking for our relationships to carry the same legal benefits as straight couples.

How is it fair that my partner can have access to my benefits because I work for a company who embraces ALL of their employees, but I can't access my partner's benefits because he doesn't have the same luxury? If we were straight, this would be a non-issue. This is just but one example.

I'm tired of being treated like a second-class citizen in my own country. My tax money is good enough for you to take but I'm not good enough to be extended the same rights that are extended to heterosexuals? Please.

I'm tired of my relationship with my partner being marginalized and equated with such atrocities as bestiality and child molestation. The consent argument has already been expressed here. Dwayne and I have agreed that we both want to be in this relationship. Animals and children cannot consent to this concept. What do you call forced relations on someone who does not offer their consent? ****. Is that what I'm doing? I hardly believe so. The absurd point was made that since animals or children can't offer their consent, none is needed. If a straight man drugged a woman and had relations with her, consent was not there. It's still ****. My relationship is now equivalent to a criminal activity because someone who is not involved feels that consent is not needed?

I'm tired of hypocrites who deny gays equal protection under the law but then LOVE Queer Eye for the Straight Guy or Will and Grace or La Cage aux Folles (The Birdcage) or any other thing that has entertainment value. I'm tired of having a night out with friends and going to a gay establishment and having to be careful what I say or do for fear that I'm going to be beaten up by some drunk straight man who thinks he's been cool and urbane (but has something to prove) by going to a gay bar because gay bars have better music and they like to watch the drag shows. I'm tired of feeling like I'm in a petting zoo or on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom and the straights have come to see the gays in their "natural habitat." I think Margaret Cho summed it up best when she said something along the lines of "You are not allowed to take what you like from our culture and leave behind the burden of inequality."

Read the Bible: What did Jesus himself have to say on homosexuality? Nothing.

Yes, I'm upset over the prejudice and discrimination that I've faced and still face.

-Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol natural habitat
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid