Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Said Will! Well Said!!
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. And that's being diplomatic.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy. I love the writer of that. Only a true bigot could write an article opposing something in this context, and then say "Another reason for this decision is arrogance. First, the arrogance of four individuals to impose their understanding of what is right and wrong on the rest of society."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottychaos View Post
    As a Conservative, a Republican and a Christian, I would like to say..

thank GOD more states are finally coming to their senses..
    IMO, it is UNChristian in the worst way to deny gays the right to marry..

Women couldnt vote..what was used to support that position? the bible..
    Black people are slaves..what was used to support the position that they SHOULD be slaves??
    the bible..
    Black Kids and White kids are finally allowed in the same schools (amazingly..this is the 1960's)..what is used to support the position that white kids and black kids should NOT be in the same classes together?? the bible..
    "mixed race" (black & white) heterosexual marriage was illegal...yep, the bible again.

using the bible to support anti-gay marriage is our society's last great fling with bigotry..
    women got equal rights finally..
    blacks got equal rights finally..
    a black man can marry a white woman finally..
    black kids can be in the same classroom as white kids finally..

only one outpost of bigotry and ignorance remains..
    keep up the fight.

Scot

p.s.
    yes, there are lots of Christians who feel as I do..
    im working to increase their ranks..

(dont bother to reply to me specifically..especially if you want to tell me why, as a Christian, im wrong..I wont believe you, and I already heard it all..I still wont believe you..so save your breath..thanks...)
    Here's the problem with the gay mariage ban: it's illegal. period. here's why: Bush is a Christian not that that's a bad thing but he's bringing his religion into politics which is illegal. I think gays who havent seen this need to get lawyers involved big time.
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Oh boy. I love the writer of that. Only a true bigot could write an article opposing something in this context, and then say "Another reason for this decision is arrogance. First, the arrogance of four individuals to impose their understanding of what is right and wrong on the rest of society."
    Isn't it arrogant for 4 people to decide for the rest of the state of California? If I'm not mistaken the citizens of California chose how they wanted to define marriage. 4 people denied the citizen's choice and told them how California was going to define marriage.

I predicted that everything that was said in that article was going to be written off as bigotry or hatred.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "writer" of that article is a total doofus.

I was actually going to go through the whole thing and point out the flaws in his "arguments", but by the time I got to this
    Outside of the privacy of their homes, young girls will be discouraged from imagining one day marrying their prince charming -- to do so would be declared "heterosexist," morally equivalent to racist. Rather, they will be told to imagine a prince or a princess.
    it was too painfully obvious that this guy has jammed his head so far up his *** that his brain is actually functioning in an alternate universe.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The irony is that people like him try to decide what's best for everyone else. They try to regulate morality for people he'll never even meet. There is hatred... and then there's ignorance. I believe you can be ignorant (not necessarily stupid) and not really hate anyone.

People did elect the person who put those judges into power. That's really the way this country works. That's their job.

It's not illegal for bush to let his religion influence his politics, just unprofessional. The minute he said that God told him to do this or that, there should have been a hearing. I don't want my president acting on what an invisible being says, or at least what he thinks it says.