What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date
Nope, but I can admit when I am wrong or don't have the most accurate view. Age plays a big role in how people see the world. I can guarantee your views of the world are different from ten years ago and they will be different again in 10 more years. Also you may be "mature" in your eyes and be told that, but you are still not fully mature. regardless of what you say. Also age does play a role. I wouldn't be arguing with a 15 y/o about this subject and your age does play a role.

Nope, but I can admit when I am wrong or don't have the most accurate view.

And I can't? I also don't lecture about subjects that I haven't studied/read or know about.

Age plays a big role in how people see the world. I can guarantee your views of the world are different from ten years ago and they will be different again in 10 more years. Also you may be "mature" in your eyes and be told that, but you are still not fully mature. regardless of what you say.

Once again there are many factors which determine maturity. There is no such thing as fully mature, it's a life long process.

Also age does play a role. I wouldn't be arguing with a 15 y/o about this subject and your age does play a role.

You're 5-6 years older than me...

Anyways I think this topic has gone sour and off tangent far enough. If anyone else has something to say to me directly, feel free to PM.

Anyways I think this topic has gone sour and off tangent far enough. If anyone else has something to say to me directly, feel free to PM.

far better to say it in an open forum me thinks.....to much trouble has occured in the past via arguements in PM, has led to the banning of members in the past.....ppl tend to forget that pm's aint truly private if things turn ugly.....in the open forum serious personal insults dont get thrown around as much......

far better to say it in an open forum me thinks.....to much trouble has occured in the past via arguements in PM, has led to the banning of members in the past.....ppl tend to forget that pm's aint truly private if things turn ugly.....in the open forum serious personal insults dont get thrown around as much......

Just admit that you want to watch the show :-)) j/k

In all seriousness, if you can't handle a different opinion/POV without getting so bent out of shape and throwing out insults that lead to your banning, then maybe you shouldn't be engaging in these topics.

the comment was not for my benefit it was for others....i dont feel like arguing with yah cause ive got to much stuff on my plate as is.....was just meant as a reminder to others....serious personal insults via pm tend to be one of the main ways to get banned from here....and even on the open forum insults are often thrown when debating religion........

the comment was not for my benefit it was for others....i dont feel like arguing with yah cause ive got to much stuff on my plate as is.....was just meant as a reminder to others....serious personal insults via pm tend to be one of the main ways to get banned from here....and even on the open forum insults are often thrown when debating religion........

Dude, it was a joke....

Arnold voice: Relax

I hope its ok that I actually make a relavent post instead of insulting other people. If not I am sure my moral integrity will be assulted.

Outsiders, I mentioned this before and never got a response but why do you and those who follow your belief system have the right to define marriage for the rest of us? Its a word of Anglo-Frankish origin according to Webster's, not Latin, Greek, or Hebrew, which are the traditional languages of Christianity and Judaism. This means the word likely originated outside the church in the tongue of evil pagans, so the church shouldn't even want to use the word marriage for fear of people straying. Secondly every culture around the world has rules analogous to marriage, why do you get to chose which set is correct? I just want to know why you have exclusive right to a word in the English language? Language is dynamic and belongs to all of those who speak it and only makes sense if those who speak said language all unknowingly agree on the meaning of a word. Obviously not everyone agrees that the word specifically means a man and a woman, so why do you feel you have the right to force your point of view on others. If you want a strict theocracy in which things of this nature would be solved by a religious council then I believe our high schools have failed you and not shown you what happens in a theocracy.

The bible thumpers do the same thing. They take parts of the bible and use it to support their idea and then discard the rest. You make comments like that is not relevant any more or we take it out of context or something. I know a little about the bible because I speak to folks who are studying the bible at work. I have seen other arguments with the bible for or against something. I have not read it because I have not had the time. I do know it contradicts itself and from what I read it was put together from several different peoples books and they conveniently left out the books that threatened to contradict the power of the church.

I agree with Will. The Church is not infallible. If murder is murder then why did the church have the crusades to convert the pagans? Then they took many of the pagan holidays and symbols as their own.

You have not comprehended a single thing that has been said nor have you fully read any of my explanations; therefore I am not going to spend too much time here.

Here are the facts... you have not read the Bible. The Bible needs to be read and studied for YEARS to understand historical context and the principle of hermeneutics must be applied. If you have not read the Bible, you will never be taken seriously in any kind of discussion which involves it. It's like going from Junior High Basketball B Team to the NBA... you don't have the knowledge, so don't play.

Anytime you want to show me how wrong I am and how contradictory the Bible is, feel free to take it offline and PM me.

Back