Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people reply to your post instead of editing their post over and over

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Comparing homosexuality to incest, polygamy and bestiality is pretty offensive and a far stretch.
    Why? If homosexuals and heterosexuals are allowed to get married and have equal rights, why can't other non-traditional couples have the same rights?

There is no Pandora's box. Social progression does not equate bestiality and incest, just like the social progression of legalizing MJ and stem cell research does not equate legalizing meth and paying women to harvest their fetuses.
    That maybe your definition of social progression but I bet there are people out there who are in love with an animal, or are brother and sister and our in love or that are mother/father in love with son/daughter that would like to get married and have the same rights as heterosexual/homosexual marriage.

I do not care if a man marries multiple women or visca versa. That doesn't bother me what so ever. I do not advocate incest, and I'm pretty offended that you would say I would. It negatively affects the gene pool, and besides.. gross.
    Aren't you the one who said:

"Some people think marriage is only between a man and a woman. It's fine if they want to think that, but saying what I can and can't do isn't really their business. Why they're obsessed with what we do behind closed doors is beyond me."

Kind of contradicting...

Why not let it be a free-for-all, if we have two consenting adults or one adult and animal let them get married!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sigh.... Read the two posts above. Animals can not make the decision to get married. Show me one that has the capacity to make a decision like that, and I'll concede to your sarcasm. If a hyper intelligent crocodile or ape was discovered TOMORROW that was as smart as a human, had the capacity to love like a human, and could make decisions like a human, I'd say let it marry, because I would not consider it to be at the same level as an animal. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, outsiders.

I'll repeat. Happy? Is this explanation satisfactory to you? Even if it's not, I'm not going to repeat it a third time. The fact that I'm typing this is absurd.

And I edit because if I did not, I would post several times in a row. Look at that, I'm editing again to say "Read the two pentultimate posts above".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    Homosexuality is not the same as incest, or bestiality, or even polygamy, for several important reasons. First, animals (or children) are not capable of consenting to a relationship, so that's a completely different situation.
    Not all incestual relationships have to deal with children. You can have 18 year old brothers and sisters or parents with 18 year old children. If they're both consenting to marriage, why not? How can the animal consent? If it can't consent then consent shouldn't be needed.

Further, incest is usually exploitative in the same way, and biologically dangerous to any progeny for genetic reasons. And it is not an "orientation" that limits the possible marriage to that category like it does with gay people. So the comparisons are not appropriate.
    Homosexuals don't add to the gene pool either.

Gay couples and families have existed from the beginning of time. The ONLY question is whether we continue to single them out for legal and financial discrimination. Notwithstanding the question of WHY we'd single them out for the denial of legal and financial protections, it is simply against the law to do so, since equal protection under the law is guaranteed by the state Constitution in California.
    Then every other non-traditional couple deserves the SAME protection as a homosexual couple. To not give them the same rights is discrimination.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it can't consent then consent isn't needed? Jesus Christ. I guess it's OK to marry braindead people. They can't consent, but it's not needed, right? You're arguing without reason, just for the sake of arguing.

EEEEHHH wrong. We can add to the gene pool just as much as you can via in-vitro fertilization. I am just as capable of having a biological kid as you
    Last edited by xvart; 05-15-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: see my post (28).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    You can believe in 2000+ year old fabricated desert dogma all you want, but the second you try to force it on people...I think that should carry the same penalty as treason.
    Interesting. So please do show me how Jews/Christians are forcing people to get married and have marriage rights. Oh that's right, I believe people are taking from Judeo/Christian values and distorting it for their own means.

Also you're free to believe that you are a descendant of a monkey.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-15-2008 at 04:12 PM. Reason: see my post (28).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Not all incestual relationships have to deal with children. You can have 18 year old brothers and sisters or parents with 18 year old children. If they're both consenting to marriage, why not? How can the animal consent? If it can't consent then consent shouldn't be needed.

Homosexuals don't add to the gene pool either.

Then every other non-traditional couple deserves the SAME protection as a homosexual couple. To not give them the same rights is discrimination.
    Well, again, any incestuous relationship creates genetic problems for the progeny. Homosexual relationships do not. And yes, gay people add to the gene pool just like you and I do. It's called artificial insemination and surrogate mothers, and I know people who've done it.

Again, gay couples and families already exist. Why on earth would we deny them the financial and legal protections we give straight couples and families? Your particular church rules do not apply to others, as it should be for both your and our protection.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it can't consent then consent isn't needed? Jesus Christ. I guess it's OK to marry braindead people. They can't consent, but it's not needed, right?

EEEEHHH wrong. We can add to the gene pool just as much as you can via in-vitro fertilization. I am just as capable of having a biological kid as you

Your arguments are just getting silly.
    Not really, however I'm finding it rather entertaining that those who are for equal rights across the board are against giving them out to other groups of non-traditional marriage.

Why does there have to be consent from an animal for a person to marry one? We can just alter the definition of marriage to state "one man/woman that consents to be married to an animal". We all love redefining historical definitions, why not tweak it some more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey hey now. Makes a lot more sense that believing we were made from dirt and a rib, right?

You are arguing just to argue. You have ignored all reason presented by Max and myself.

To be fair, IIRC Outsiders supports giving us all the same benefits (correct me if I'm wrong) but his problem is with calling it "Marriage". He's looking at it from a spiritual POV when everyone who wants it changed is looking at it legally, the way it's meant to be looked at today when discussing it in any public context.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-15-2008 at 04:11 PM. Reason: see my post (28).

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast