User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 188

Thread: California supreme court overturns gay marriage ban

  1. #33
    nepenthes_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Spring Feild Ohio
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, unfortunately, their are laws saying thats what it is in the United states, im not arguing with you that it wasn't created religiously.

  2. #34
    JRFxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    If a woman loves her horse and wants to marry it why not?
    For the same reason that a man/woman can't marry a little boy/girl. Its been said prior to my post, why aren't you grasping it? (no disrespect meant)

  3. #35
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes_ak View Post
    Well, unfortunately, their are laws saying thats what it is in the United states, im not arguing with you that it wasn't created religiously.
    Well thank you, that's all I'm looking for. I don't think the government had any right using the term to begin with, when it is supposed to be separated into the Church category.

    Quote Originally Posted by JRFxtreme View Post
    For the same reason that a man/woman can't marry a little boy/girl. Its been said prior to my post, why aren't you grasping it? (no disrespect meant)
    Because I'm waiting for someone to drop the bomb. I'm waiting for someone to suggest why all these things are deemed wrong.

    It sounds like morality might be an issue here and I find it quite ironic.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-15-2008 at 04:37 PM. Reason: merged posts
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  4. #36
    Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Zone 8
    Posts
    5,594
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Because I'm waiting for someone to drop the bomb. I'm waiting for someone to suggest why all these things are deemed wrong.

    It sounds like morality might be an issue here and I find it quite ironic.
    Because, someone under the age of 18 does not have the mental capacity to know what they are doing. It's a protection of all children in all circumstance, no matter what. It's the same reason why children cannot legally enter into a contract with any entity, whether it be marriage, civil unions, or baseball card trades.

    xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

  5. #37
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... What's the bomb? What hasn't already been said?

  6. #38
    nepenthes_ak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Spring Feild Ohio
    Posts
    3,116
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant get consent from a horse, you cant get consent legally from a small child, though NAMBLA seems to think you can.

    Well unfortunately outsiders, but it had to be done. Like it or not GAYS are minority's, and they Have social status, its not like they are going to hurt you if they are gay they have rights, and its not hurting any one to marry the same sex. And even if you don't feel this way you come off as if you do.

  7. #39
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xvart View Post
    Because, someone under the age of 18 does not have the mental capacity to know what they are doing. It's a protection of all children in all circumstance, no matter what. It's the same reason why children cannot legally enter into a contract with any entity, whether it be marriage, civil unions, or baseball card trades.

    xvart.
    Even though we're not discussing the marriage of children here xvart, I will humor you. Can you please show me how someone who is 17 that turns 18 magically has some kind of mental capacity that they didn't before? I know adults who are in their mid 20's/30's who have the mental capacity of someone who you'd think was a teenager. Age doesn't mean anything.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  8. #40
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outsiders, you have to draw an age of consent somewhere, an it happens to be 18 and 21 for booze. You can't go on an individual basis, and you know that.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •