Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: the geocentric bible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, a bunch of guys got together a few times a few hundred years AD and decided what they wanted in the bible and what they didn't. Christianity's central beliefs were negotiated for the Nicene Creed. You can say the participants were guided by God and I'll say they were also guided by personal biases, power considerations and so on. Just like the cardinals of the Roman Catholic church when they select a new pope.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Lot to learn ye have. Man may have written the Bible but it was through the working of God through those men that the Bible was written. You also need to brush up on your Bible history because a single solitary priest did not decide what was the New Testament was to encompass. The most likely reason that the two gospels you mentioned weren't included was probably because they repeat the same information that's in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.
    No I believe the gospel of Mary Magdolin shed light on to the fact that Jesus was married. Also The gospal of Judah contidicted some of what the others said too. And your also telling me that the research done by the National geographic society and shown on the documentary was wrong? Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all say basicly the same thing anyhow. Maybe not word for word, but alot of the same things.

So my thinking is like this. The Church in its struggle to keep power it tries to consolidate the gosals to get all the "followers" reading the same thing. Then they omit the stuff they don't like and make Jesus born of imaculate conception and the rest is history.

If you don't think people would do anything to remain in power when they had almost absolute power for a while your fooling yourself.

Also you take my joking comment literal. It may not have been one priest, but was not going to go into a bunch of detail. I was not trying to be literal. The Church and when I say that I am speaking of the Catholic Church that used to be all powerful in the land wishes to resume that power. Jesus did not intend for the religion of to day to be here. It is not holding to its true meaning I do not belive. Jesus was a great man in my opinion, but I do not believe he was born of imaculate conception. I also believe that The Church would do anything to get back the power it once had.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Lot to learn ye have. Man may have written the Bible but it was through the working of God through those men that the Bible was written. You also need to brush up on your Bible history because a single solitary priest did not decide what was the New Testament was to encompass. The most likely reason that the two gospels you mentioned weren't included was probably because they repeat the same information that's in Matthew, Mark, Luke or John.
    The bible was written by over 70 something men if I recall correctly. It was also written over a time period of almost 1000 years. If God spoke through all those men, what about now? Why couldn't God speak through someone in the present with enough conviction to have his word added to the bible? If someone told us they wrote a book to add to the bible that God helped him create, we would call him crazy (Catholics included).
    - Daniel

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *redneck voice* Because it ain't in the Bible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You live in GA, you know as well as I do it's pronounced "baaaibul"
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look right here now at what I done found.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1VMnFYQ_35Y

Lol. The day I went to Berry for orientation, the dude that wrote that song (Ben Folds) was going to perform a concert and they were selling tickets in advance. I'm hoping, if that's the kind of artist they invite, that the college isn't too conservative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_OrchidGuy View Post
    No I believe the gospel of Mary Magdolin shed light on to the fact that Jesus was married. Also The gospal of Judah contidicted some of what the others said too. And your also telling me that the research done by the National geographic society and shown on the documentary was wrong? Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all say basicly the same thing anyhow. Maybe not word for word, but alot of the same things.

So my thinking is like this. The Church in its struggle to keep power it tries to consolidate the gosals to get all the "followers" reading the same thing. Then they omit the stuff they don't like and make Jesus born of imaculate conception and the rest is history.

If you don't think people would do anything to remain in power when they had almost absolute power for a while your fooling yourself.

Also you take my joking comment literal. It may not have been one priest, but was not going to go into a bunch of detail. I was not trying to be literal. The Church and when I say that I am speaking of the Catholic Church that used to be all powerful in the land wishes to resume that power. Jesus did not intend for the religion of to day to be here. It is not holding to its true meaning I do not belive. Jesus was a great man in my opinion, but I do not believe he was born of imaculate conception. I also believe that The Church would do anything to get back the power it once had.
    Conspiracy theory....conspiracy theory....conspiracy theory....

If you want to believe in false teachings and lies, which the two "gospels" you listed are, go ahead. They are gnostic gospels, dated around 350AD, which is 350 years after the life of Jesus Christ:

http://www.thetruthaboutdavinci.com/...c-gospels.html

I guess that you also believe that the Old Testament is a bunch of lies too right? That the Catholic Church modified that as well to stay in power? You know the same Old Testament which predicts the virgin birth? The same Old Testament which states explicitly how Jesus was going to die (and did).

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the Catholic Church hasn't faced corruption, it has. I think the biggest one that I know of is when they sold scrolls that would ensure the dead into heaven, as a fund raiser kind of thing to build lavish Churches. I disagree with pretty much the whole Catholic way of "church", and think that it is pretty clear that Jesus was being sarcastic when he called Peter the "rock". Regardless of my beliefs of the denomination, I will not deny that it can bring a personal relationship with Christ. To each their own.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nepenthes View Post
    The bible was written by over 70 something men if I recall correctly. It was also written over a time period of almost 1000 years. If God spoke through all those men, what about now? Why couldn't God speak through someone in the present with enough conviction to have his word added to the bible? If someone told us they wrote a book to add to the bible that God helped him create, we would call him crazy (Catholics included).
    There were around a total of 40 authors for the whole Bible. The New Testament books (letters really), were all written by around ~70 AD. All people in Jesus' life time:

http://www.carm.org/questions/written_after.htm

Why would God need to speak to someone to add something to the Bible? Everything has been written, beginning and end. Everything has been finished by Christ. There is no need to add more. Nothing more to do but spread the Good News and wait for the sounding of the trumpets.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast