User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Nasc Benefit Auction...starts TODAY!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be donating moss. No plants; I've given all but a select few away.

Of course everyone knows my moss is the shiznit, so forget buying it on ebay. Buy it from the NASC auction!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joosa...is there something you need to know about last year's auction? We have it archived but its not publicly available.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Joosa...is there something you need to know about last year's auction? We have it archived but its not publicly available.
    That's okay. Don't worry about it. I just wanted to go back again and see the items that were donated.

No worries though.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was quite a wide range of things donated. All of it was good!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump! Sorry...it's my job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To whatever mod gets to this first....

Is there any possibility of ending an auction a few days early? I'm moving the 15-17th of July, and if I donate a plant that is being bid on, there's no guarantee that it will make it all the way to Ft. Worth in the same conditions as when originally posted (or survive at all). Also, the less things I have to move, the better. If not, I'm kind of reluctant to donate plants, because I don't want to disappoint or anything. I'd hate for someone to get worked up about something that just ended up dieing in the move.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I understand your situation, we can't change the rules for one person...or two...or three. Not only would it not be fair in regards to posted rules and an equal "playing field" for everyone but it would complicate the moderator's and treasurer's job to have to be handling one or more listings differently from the rest. And actually people have up to two weeks to pay for an auction after it ends and items are not shipped until they are paid for...so...potentially an item that ended early still might not be shipped until after your moving date.

We DO allow people to make notes regarding extentuating shipping circumstances such as "I will be on vacation from x to y and this item will not be shipped until after that date." Obviously we'd prefer not to have listings with "special needs" so to speak, but sometimes it can't be helped. As long as terms like that are clearly noted in the item description so people KNOW that when they bid, we will accept that.

We greatly appreciate any donated items but we also want any live items to be in good health at shipping time. If you truly think your plants might die or be failing by the end of the auction, it might be best not to offer them.

Good luck on the move. I hope your plants do make it alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks.

I don't anticipate that they will die, but I was saying just in case. I might just limit my offerings then to already established plants that are much more likely to make it in good health. I don't anticipate any losses, but you never know.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast