Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: checking in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

checking in!

Hi, just checking in after like 1 or 2 years of not posting. I hope some of you remember me. I talked to plantakiss on aim and caught up a bit on the cp community but im still really curious whats been going on.

As for me, I'm sorry to say that most of my collection died. I really don't know HOW, actually, they just did. I lost my favorite H. minor and H. heteradoxa, and my n. ampullaria. it was so sad i was like crying.. no kidding i really was. But my bical is still around and its pretty darn big now. It took over my whole tank that used to have everything else. My favorite drosera, d. lanata is still around too on my windowsill, and its doing great. and I've been starting a new generation of b. liniflora every six months or so. love those!

I joined in seventh grade; maybe the older members still remember. Well now I'm a junior in high school. I used to post all my pictures here. I'm all grown up now lol. well kind of.

Whenever I have a day off, I try to volunteer at cal state fullerton with ed read, so that's my chance to be around lots of cps. Learned a lot about propagation and new species and such.

Otherwise, just trying to survive high school.
    i gotta start going to LACPS again, and rejoin the ICPS.

So....what did i miss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My hamata lol

joking

sorry you lost some of your plants
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've missed several new species discoveries, but if you're working with Ed Reid, then maybe not.

N. pilosa is now called N. chaniana. The real N. pilosa is much more interesting, I think.
    We now have the FABULOUS N. bokor
    N. tenax was published in '06 I believe
    The amazingly beautiful N. peltata has been discovered
    N. lingulata was published
    N. sp. palawan is now mantalingajanensis
    This undescribed plant:
    http://icps.proboards105.com/index.c...ay&thread=1790
    The breath talking N. spec. nov. 'DA' was discovered, and I believe there is now a name although I'm too lazy to look it up. I could be mistaken.
    We have three new imposter species. N. naquiyuddinii,zakriana, and sharifah-hapsahii. These make a mockery out of taxonomy.
    Drosera solaris
    The crystallinesque B. guehoi was discovered. The most beautiful Byblis, Imo.
    We now have the macabre N. lingulata. Wish I could grow that beauty!
    N. spec. nov. 'Sumatra' is now called N. flava. A boring name for a fantastic plant.
    And of course N. jamban was published

And there are probably more that I can't remember because I wasn't interested or there's just so much! New plants are being discovered/published very often. Some of the above were discovered before '06, but published after.

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! You posted! I'm sure there are many here who remember.

But geez...people grow up so fast around here.

JLAP is definitely more up on the plant discoveries than I am.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are also about 10 additional species or ssp. discovered by longor/suska.
    And a bunch of nep taxonomy mumbo-jumbo.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back! Don't be a stranger!

Jerry

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matt.. where's Alan? Still juggling?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the replies

jimscott: haha alan is still around too, and i force him to grow some plants in his room lol. he did have a couple of petiolaris complex drosera, but unforunately they died randomly after like a year.
    hes really into guitar now; not as much juggling though we still do occasionally
    he did swimming last year; i did wrestling then track but now i just do aikido (martial arts)

JLAP, well I only go in every few months so I haven't kept up too much with ed's cp updates. He's also mostly into the ping discoveries in mexico. I'm really interested in this B. guehoi though, the pictures look absolutely amazing. And ill have to look into those new nepenthes. thanks for the update! by the way, are different byblis species any easier to come across? I remember breaking my back trying to find seeds besides liniflora, and even the I could never get them to germinate.