Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tell us some stories...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    American troops didn't go Vietnam to kill women and kids.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fryster View Post
    American troops didn't go Vietnam to kill women and kids.
    which is true but they did because they were scared...kids became bombs and carried AKs and the *****s brought satchel charges and 'nades etc.
    All fear violence, all are afraid of death.
    Seeing the similarity to oneself, one should not use violence or have it used.
    The Buddha
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...r1?ref=profile

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite liquor store clerk told me a good 'nam story. Everyone was drinking/smoking for New Years, and he had a bottle of wine in one hand, and one in each pants pocket. He had been assigned to check up on everyone, so he crawled up in a guard tower to ask how those guys were doing. They said they were smoking, so he told em alright, just don't let anyone sneak up on us. He then turned that bottle of wine upside down, and fell 30 feet out of the tower onto his back (landed in sand though). He woke up the next morning with both bottles still in his pockets, and his hand still clutching the empty bottle that lead to his fall
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thats what they did in the Nam...smoke dope and drink..
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for a feel good story. my cousin is full time guard and has been to Iraq and Afganistan as basically a tank mechanic. when he got to Iraq about 2 years ago the base commander found out he can swing a hammer better than most and spent his time there turning quonset huts into office buildings by building partitions.

the base commanders there had been looking ofter this older gal and her kids right next to the base, she was the only sunni in a shite neighbor hood or the other way around. and the guys kept an eye on her to make sure she didnt have to deal with to much trouble. well one day the base commander takes my cousin to see her and they look over her place, dishes stacked on the floor, bedding piled in the corner, things like that cause they had no furniture.

when they got back to the base the CO asked my cousin if he thought he could build the gal some furniture....he said will be easy enough and in his spare time over the next 6 months he built a wardrobe for the bedding, a few dressers, a kitchen table....things like that...nothing fancy, mostly made out of plywood....though he did scrounge a counter top from somewhere and turned it into a nice table top. anyways one day they show up with a truck load of furniture and surprised the gal, hauled it into her house and set it up. through an interpreter the CO told her that my cousin had built it all for her in his spare time and she broke down crying and thanking him......i guess she even offered her oldest daughter to him to bring her to the states to be his wife though he didnt figure his current wife would be to happy about that so he declined......he was not expecting the CO to give him 100% credit for doing it all, sure didnt figure he deserved it as he had nothing better to do withhis time anyway.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see some terrorized/scared people getting good things for them. 'Specially out there.. Good for your cousin doin some good deeds for someone he doesnt know. He seems like a good man!
    The Buddha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got a nam story...
    this surgeon was workin on this patient...he'd been shot up horribly...lost gallons of blood...some MPs (military police) bring a VC wounded to have him treated for interrogation. well this Charlie wakes up to see he's in a US MASH and grabs a bottle and smashes it in his stupor (the drugs the nurses gave him) and walks over to the wounded bleeding soldier and cuts his throat with the bottle... well the surgeon went nuts drew out a .45 smashed it in the charlie's mouth lifted him up by the gun and blew his brains all over the tent.... F'd up!!!
    The Buddha

sea bear returns! theyellowdart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really a story, but on my German side, my Great Grandfather was forced to fight in WWII as a German soldier (which, of course, was under the control of Hitler).
    My Grandfather was very young at the time and remembers the air raid sirens going off in Wuppertal (his home town). He would have to follow the standard procedure of finding cover etc.
    My Great Grandfather passed away (he was not killed in the war) but my Grandfather is almost 70 and in great health. I'll have to ask him for a good story. I keep telling him he should write a book.
    growlist

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast