Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medicine: To Use or Not to Use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely understand where you are coming from on the whole biased side we see this every day in the current presidential candidate race. I'm going to be completely honest, it sounds like you are making it into a conspiracy theory. Conspiracy theory's can be healthy in moderation. (I love conspiracy theory's)

I'm fairly certain that Hospitals have to be very very careful with who they proclaim died from what. Otherwise they would deal with a huge lawsuit, which would close down a Hospital. Doctors wouldn't do that, they wouldn't risk their jobs let alone other people jobs just to get more people to take chemo therapy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think about it this way:

Chemo: might kill you
    Cancer: will kill you

Now which would you prefer?
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roots and berries certainly have their place in a experimentally minded persons arsenal but I don't believe herbs along with prayer and fasting is going to help someone who needs real medicine, such as insulin or heart meds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistAdam View Post
    I said CHEMICAL meds...not all western meds are chemicals...such as pennicellin(sp?)
    I hate to sound like a complete and total idiot but radioactive isotopes are not chemicals either, they are elements. Additionally, radioactive isotopes occur naturally everywhere, and therefore they are part of the natural world.
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i see these posts from time to time on all forums i visit.....seem to always notice they are made by young ppl who themselves, personally have never been through the hell caused by serious illness and seen just how modern "synthetic" meds can help........funny thing is they always seem to point to someone having cancer when they are younger.......i have a dear friend who is dieing from bone and lung cancer.....she has had cancer 2 other times in the past......radiation has saved her the last 2 times.....radiation and a new synthetic drug are the only reasons she has a projected 3 years left on this earth instead of being in the ground now. the only reason i aint dead is because of synthetic medicine.......and i have had bad experiences with it aswell..

homeopathy has its place, natural medicines have their place, hell even prayer has its place in modern medicine...........to say modern synthetic meds dont have a place is just youthful ignorance........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be dead, too; unless there's something out there that naturally emulates islet cells and insulin production; but, since I haven't heard as much in the last 15 years I'll assume as much. In the meantime, I'll stick to my insulin pump, my outrageous insurance costs, and mnothly bills because I've got plans for my life and goals still unaccomplished.

Adam - I do, however, understand where you are coming from. There is the question of quality of life versus longevity of life. It is a terible thing to watch someone so vibrant and loving rapidly deteriorate in front of your eyes. I just did it with my neighbor and close family friend. If I turned out to be half the man he was I'd be pretty pleased. Anyways, in the end he said he didn't want to do any more chemo and life support and chose to have his friends and family remember him for the man he was and not the vegetable that he would become since his journey with leukemia began two months prior. My only wish is that I have the strength to do the same if I'm in that poistion.

So yes, I know what you are saying; but, I'm not sure that it is necessarily relevant because, as mentioned, that argument is quality of life versus longevity of life; which is, in and of itself, only relevant in specific circumstances. My fianl point about that is insome cases both will kill a person; it just depends on how we want to fight it and how much energy we have in the end. That is when the herbal medicene ideology and values becomes important.

xvart.
    Last edited by xvart; 05-21-2008 at 09:05 AM. Reason: stupid phone browser has no tabs! sorry Adam!
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did Kristoff post? I didn't realize your diabetes was that bad. Want to hear something funny? I knew a girl who used one once and I thought it was a pager lmao. I thought to myself "God, who uses beepers these days?" lol.

You could make the argument that radiation penicillin, levothyroxine and insuline are OK because they occur in nature, but saying penicillin (and there other three if agrees with that) are OK, even though they are made in a lab, is sort of hypocritical. Unless you want to eat moldy oranges to get your penicillin and cow pancreas or something for your insulin.

And you could go further and say that unless you don't eat any synthetic chemicals in your food, your sort of being hypocritical. I think half the stuff we eat is worse than the drugs we take. But boy, oh boy, Acesulfame K sure does taste dandy.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Where did Kristoff post? I didn't realize your diabetes was that bad. Want to hear something funny? I knew a girl who used one once and I thought it was a pager lmao. I thought to myself "God, who uses beepers these days?" lol.
    Whoops. Posted the wrong name. It has been edited. And, my diabetes is not bad by any measure; and for good reason . Unchecked diabetes for 15±years = not good. And, my point was made in jest, although not very well.

I guess I was trying to say that I value both sides of the coin/discussion. I'm fine with using science and medicene and will be fine continuing to do so for hopefuly 60 more years. However, quality of life is what I'm conceerned about; and, if there ever comes a day, I'll pull the plug so fast (at least I hope I am able to do so); but again, that's not because of my disagreement with science, medicene, etc.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast