Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Medicine: To Use or Not to Use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom has an autoimmune disease,her thyroid is gone she'd be dead without the synthetic and animal based thyroid mix. Now she is mostly natural I only get form over the counter pain killer if I've gotten teeth pulled or something. No medications unless it is really needed like your life is /could be in danger. No cough meds or whatever. She uses herbs and homeopathics they do help but they have a defined place. I do get annoyed when people take all these meds(for various non life threatening) for certain reasons when the root cause is buried(that can(sometimes) be fixed with a easy means). But severe allergies that impact your daily life all the time and such thats another story.
    Now I've heard a real story of families that refuse to give their child who had a diabetic attack insulin she died. They didn't believe in western medicine at all. Now thats ignorance.
    You could go on and say that antibiotics are natural but if they are used enough for simplistic ailments then you get resistances and all those "wonderfull" problems(stronger bacteria stains,use of of antibiotics for everything). Even though it is natural it's not meant to be in your body but it has a great place in medicine.
    And hopefully I won't get flamed...

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you get annoyed? Even if you think it's stupid, it should bother you. Not your body.

No reason anyone will flame you. And I believe it's illegal to refuse western medication for your child for any religious or personal reasons of the parent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow they did,I dunno why or how.
    I don't get anoyed for say but for instance(this is my reason mostly)
    the use of antibiotics has been so excessive that bacterial strains have become more vigorous and deadly. Because of the minimal education in some aspects that usage of antibiotics should be reserved for certain reasons, not just for a cold or cough(people can get access to them easily typically). I realize cold and cough medicines do not have them normally, but many times people will get a form of antibiotics for other (petty is a better word)simplistic ailments. I wouldn't care if bacteria would just die and not build up resistance but thats not the current case. It doesn't bother me kinda gives me a feeling of why the crap are you taking all these antibiotics and stuff for the simple cough ? !
    I don't really care just wish there was more public awareness on the subject of meds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15387493/
    http://www.time.com/time/columnist/j...237613,00.html

I haven't read the whole topic, but if you're sick, and you start fasting, you're an idiot. That is just going to make your condition worse. Fasting accomplishes nothing. The only "benefits" I was able to find were "heightened spiritual awareness", i.e., a bunch of BS
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth is I don't care if I do more damage than good by getting antibiotics when I don't HAVE to have them. I care about me, not everyone else. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Petty ailments like my acne. I take Doxycycline for it, and it works. But I don't care if I'm developing more resistant strains of acne, all I care about is nice skin. Screw everyone else. Let them have the acne. The public is aware of this issue, they just don't care. Hell, even I asked my doc for a script for Amoxicillin when I was perfectly healthy for the next time I got sick, and he gave it to me without question. They are used to much, but I'm selfish and don't really care.

I mean... I'm blunt about it lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I don't care if I'm developing more resistant strains of acne,
    Acne is genetic, but its still caused by "normal" bacteria (among other things, like pressure).
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say anything about fasting ...
    I understand what your saying thats just me not anyone else
    Blunts fine I'm used to it Thats fine I'm not like crazy about it and all.
    Just tossing out an opinion.
    w.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say you did lol. I was skimming the topic earlier and someone mentioned the word fasting. If anyone wants to fast, cool....but fasting when you're sick (especially if you have cancer) is going to worsen your condition.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast