Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gimmie-Gimmie sydrome

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carnivorous plant etiquette.

So obscure, but so crucial to understand fully.

I know I have the bad habit of sometimes letting PM's drop out of my frame of mind, for that I am sorry. Also I know I haven't been able to create as many giveaways as I have received. That I am sorry for also. Also I am guilty of putting a plant up for trade when maybe it was my turn to do a giveaway.

But that being said, some of the people on are here are just SO darn generous that to match their capacity for plant giveaways I would have to more or less give away half of my collection.

Anyway, thanks so much to all those who have given me or traded me plants. I hope in the future to be better at giving back and such.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All your CP's are belong to us!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    resistance is futile...

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    Good thing I stumbled upon this thread (I was looking for Pyros posts about utrics ), reminds me to be humble and appreciate the generosity of members in this community!
    On that note I can't tell you how thankful I am for your Utrics...I love 'em!
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpappy789 View Post
    On that note I can't tell you how thankful I am for your Utrics...I love 'em!
    I hope they grow really well for you. Actually sending them to you was fun and a very pleasant experience! Next year I'll do another utric giveaway and hopefully add more epiphytic utrics to that list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To any who feel they aren't doing thier fair share to give enough back I say at least your heart is in the right place and if it is then I have no doubt your day in the sun will come. Generosity, like any virtue, is not a competition; it is an aspiration.

Some just have more extras than others either through time, money, or dumb luck. LOL.

EDIT: Funny, I immediately created a Giveaway after posting this.
    Last edited by dashman; 10-14-2011 at 08:10 PM.

does this rag smell like chloroform to you? boxofrain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very educational thread!

As a newbie to the CP world, I have found a home here at TF. You are ALL way too generous as I see it on the boards. Butt, that is what makes this the great forum it is.

I am guilty of being a lurker here, gawking at all the beautiful plants and set-ups, these are what drives my desire for more! I have spent many hours pouring over the archives, absorbing what I can from Y'all.

I have recieved some plants from a Member without even asking, some from the auction, some from vendors. All are deeply appreciated.

That being said...I find it difficult to weed through all the sources around the world, finding the plant (s) I am wanting, type of payment to be made, etc...
    This forum streamlines all that.
    I work very hard for my $ and do not like to send it to folks with poor moral standards ( illegal collecting, poor shipping methods, etc..). I am more than generous, as I fully believe in the "pay it forward" attitude.
    But when you have nothing to offer in trade to someone, it can be difficult to obtain some species.
    I suppose what I am trying to say is...don't stop posting pic's or grow lists because of a few bad apples, it is what makes this forum my first stop each morning with my coffee.

In closing this long winded post, as a Moderator on a very large website, this place has a very kind disposition all around.
    To all here at TF....keep up the good work!!
    I thank you all for being here for me.
    "the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have lived in an entitlement society for far too long -- and a good number of us were simply raised by wolves; and I too have received no small number of "demands" from people over the years . . .
    “Sì perché l'autorità dell'opinione di mille nelle scienze non val per una scintilla di ragione di un solo . . ."

-- Galileo "Biff" Galilei

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast