Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Gimmie-Gimmie sydrome

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obnoxious is obnoxious

Heh, used to have this on a record as a kid, I think the flip side was "Never Smile at a Crocodile".
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the characters I play at Howl-O-Scream sounds like that Jerry Lewis record, but it's a lot creepier because of the raspy voice, and I'm asking them to feed me and my face is covered in fake blood and behind a wall.

Hopefully I'll be able to do a giveaway soon. I'll have plenty of U. graminifolia plugs and a few N. x mixta and N. x ventrata cuttings soon. There will be an S. jonesii giveaway in a year or two.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we are due for a bump

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah come on...gimme syndrome is the best part about the holiday season
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you thank you thank you.. been meaning to bump this baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you mass for all the plants you give away all the time, my wife love the ping flowers that you sent to us
    I don't think I ever got a free plant from u or one for shipping but appreciate all the plants you have sent to others
    thanks for being so nice

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the reason behind this thread originally was not to express our thanks but to remind us all of the appropriate trade/giveaway etiquette that all should follow.

You are getting sleeeepy...very, very sleeeeepy.... JennB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking as a newbie I'm very saddened and a bit angered to hear that anyone has been so rude to anyone else. I enjoy looking at people's grow lists and love, love, LOVE IT when they post pictures for me to drool over Hearing that some people don't put up grow lists and/or pictures because of these jerks is sad. That means that ALL of us are missing out because of these jerks!

I'm as anxious to acquire plants as the next person but since I don't even have my first plant yet I simply assumed that I'd be waiting on someone to post a give away and buying from vendors until I have enough of my own plants to participate in trading. It never even crossed my mind to simply up and ask someone even very politely if they had anything that they would be willing to send me! I've even seen a few give aways in the short time I've been on these boards and one was even listed as a beginner pack type but by the time I got to it the give away was done. It didn't even occur to me to post or pm the person asking if they could squeeze out just one more pack to send to me because, in my mind, it would be an abuse of that person's generosity! I was just grateful that there are people in this community that are so willing to share what they have with others and look forward to being able to do the same!

Ok, ok, ok, I'll stop the rant here but what I really wanted to say more than anything is to the people who have received this type of ill treatment and feel angry, frustrated, and unappreciated because of it, take heart! Don't let the jerks drive you to hide away because for every jerk out there is someone else quietly just trying to do things the right way so that they can ADD to the cp community, not just leech off it, who truly do appreciate you.
    Jenn