Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING for ebay sellers...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a few book sellers totally space and loose the book they were supposed to send me, they apologized and sent me a refund in the same few minutes. For those two I just didn't leave any feedback at all I didn't see a need to ruin their score over a simple error I could very well make myself sometime. If it were intentional, that would be far different IME.

I've only left maybe 2 negatives as a buyer in all my ebaying years (received no negs) One was a girl who kept saying she was sending my plants but after the 90 days feeback window was about to close then I posted taht after many emails she still never sent the plants. Can't recall the other but I remember the damn thing finally came just after I left bad feedback, I felt bad about it then. However I don't feel bad leaving negatives on people who bid big amounts on something then not pay up. I'd like to go crazy bidding on everything I like and then not pay up too but it's not fair to the seller or the honest buyers who loose out because of some JA teenager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    If you get a refund there's no reason to leave a negative feedback, that's actually pretty crummy.
    Well I guess we'll agree to disagree.

The item I ordered was time sensitive (I needed it in a fairly short period of time) & he lied to me twice that he actually sent it to me. I'd agree with you if he was responsive to my emails and came clean instead of being lame & lying.

Additionally, the auction ended with my winning the item for a low price - much lower than any of the others up for sale at the time.

His actions caused me to be delayed in getting the item for over a month and at a much higher cost than originally agreed. I should have provided good feedback for this

Ironically, a few months later, I had a seller on half.com tell me their listed book was out of stock (after I purchased it for their asking price). Instead of selling it to me for the price they listed, they relisted it for a price $20 higher. Same rare book, same seller - relisted the next day at a higher price. Based on my previous experience, I did not leave any feedback - but that doesn't mean I didn't feel ripped off...
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres what I found when leaving a buyer feedback today:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/report_problem.html

Looks like they covered pretty much everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by swords View Post
    I always wait for buyers to leave feedback on their item before I do, now theres no point.

That's called "feedback extortion", or more accurately "holding feedback hostage".

Once a winning bidder/buyer pays in a timely manner a feedback rating should be issued and then you ship the item. Of course there is no way that eBay can enforce this but that's the nature of the beast I suppose. (and now we no longer have that problem )

*I rarely have to leave negative feedback anyway. Most of the time a bad experience is simply left as Neutral.
    Only a moral and virtuous people are capable of freedom; the more corrupt and vicious a people becomes, the more it has need of masters. -- Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal is an ebay company

Read this thread: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=paypal
    view my growlist
    http://grwlist.notlong.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is up with Paypal taking so freakin' long to allow a payment to clear? This has happened with a few things I've ordered as well as auctions where it takes something like 4 or 5 days to get the ok. This is all done electronically-it should be practically instantaneous!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The paying account has to be verified for instantaneous transactions. Basically it needs an alternative source of funds such as a credit card.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123