Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you run out of CP room...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you run out of CP room...

So I've been growing for like a year and a half.
    I thought I'd never run out of room but my new neps are like too big my older more vigorous neps like hybrids with maxima or truncata are going nuts. I've filled my 55 gallon to the limit,
    My closet is going to be full soon. Anyone else with space problems ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has space problems unless you're growing outside in S. Florida or Hawaii .

I'm going to move my tank out of my chamber. It really hasn't lived up to my expectations. The two shelves in the chamber work well, but the tank and stand just take up a lot of room and fail miserably. All the pots just get algae or fungus, nothing ever germinates in there, and the one plant thats in there isn't growing very well. I'm going to replace it w/ another shelf and some more lights.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how you wake up one day and they're EVERYwhere, isn't it?

I've moved more to windows and out from under lights. This has involved rearranging furniture and the entire living room set-up with my CPs in mind. Hopefully the spring and summer sun will jump start them into pitchering.

You could always prune some neps and offer the cuttings on the upcoming auction on here.

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have serious space problems.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh yes, this is how it starts, I remember it well. It creeps in slowly, but surely.

Eventually, you get a greenhouse, and that lasts for a few years, until that too gets choked to the gills with plants. You spend countless hours watering, pruning, dividing, re potting your plants, taking cuttings, raising seedlings, shifting things around, replying to mails, getting in new stuff, sending out spares, taking photos, .....

Then one day your wife mentions that you have a larger collection than most botanic gardens, who have several people staffed to do the same things as I do by myself, while trying to keep my day job, and family responsibilities, and announces that she is going to do me a favor for "my own good" and "force me" to reduce my collection, and make a choice between her, or the plants! .... I still think of her sometimes.

Rich
    No, I'm not suffering from insanity! ... rather enjoying it, actually!

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ilbasso- I have a bunch of Neps that I "sacrifice" in the winter, where they are situated the window gets just enough light to keep them making leaves for about 2 months- usually the last pitchers will remain until the sun comes back and kicks it in to growing more, you should see pitchers again anytime since mine just woke back up about 3 weeks ago
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
    I have serious space problems.
    I hear ya.... and I hear about it! I'll bet you do too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd buy the greenhouse but I can't heat it ...(loong story my parents,I'd pay $10(for 100 kilowatt hours or even 3000 kilowatts) a month for electricity for heat). So It's like I'll put some of my neps in the 55 then that is officially packed. Then the closet. My windowsill is cold and makes everything mad so unless I do a MH or T5 retro thats useless. It's still cold here nothing is growing outside so windowsill are worthless right now. I don't have anywhere for nice growing/greenhouse shelfs zip other than outside the garage is a horse barn now.
    So Instead of big pursuing nepenthes anyymore I'm going for smaller stuff and a reef setup. I've got the cash to burn but I'd rather get a heated greenhouse
    Ah well maybe I shoulda stayed in Hawaii No amount of preaching will convince them that I won't use $100 a month in electricity The thing with the neps is they are new cuttings that rooted that are like really tall and don't have much green basal forming wood, thats my main problem. I'm probably going to give some stuff to the nasc,some newbie packages and some whatever is taking over my nepenthes pots.
    Phission I got my first nepenthes seed to germinate,It sprung up in a pot randomly there after 4 batches thats what happened

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast