What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visiting Sarracenia purpurea in wild

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I friend told me of a place in PA near Pine Grove Furnace where he has seen a small group of Sarracenia purpurea growing. I usually make at least 1 trip each year to check on it.
Today was the day. It was a perfect day. Sunny, great temperature, gently breeze. I could not have asked for a better day............. Well if I did not have to get up at 4:30 in the morning to go to work. At least I did not stay as long as I normally do on Saturday. I told the them I could only stay till 8:00.

Here's a shot of the mountain stream. Crisp, clean, clear, and very cold. I put on sandals so I could splash around in th stream.........burrrrr :crazy:
CP-Pine-Grove-stream.jpg

Some Drosera rotundifolia that grows in many areas up there.
CP-Pine-Grove-Drot1.jpg

CP-Pine-Grove-Drot.jpg

And a few shots of the Sarracenia purpurea. It is a small patch and in only a very small area. We have searched and never found any more plants 25' away from the main stand.
CP-Pine-Grove-Sarrgroup.jpg

CP-Pine-Grove-Sarflower.jpg

CP-Pine-Grove-Sarpitcher.jpg

Enjoy

Very cool Elgecko, thanks for sharin.

Very nice. I always enjoy CP "in the wild" pics. :)

Very nice Steve,thanks for sharing!

Back