What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new beginning

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Well, as many of you already know, I have been offered an fabulous position at a new company. Unfortunately, that means that I am required to relocate, to Texas. I will most likely be heading out the door on Sunday afternoon. Is about a 26 hour drive to where I am headed so I expect I will be on the road for 2 or 3 days. I plan only 1 sleepbreak, prolly Monday durring the day, but that may change.

All of my plants are going to a couple really great friends who have agreed to plantsit for me till I get settled. My fish, unfortunately, went back to the fish store.

In a few weeks when I get myself set up in my own place I will make arrangements to come back to Cali and pack my stuff and actually "move". For now I am going to be staying with my bro and his family.

Its going to be a huge life change, but I believe its for the best.

When next we speak I will be "vft guy in Tx" lol

Cheers all,
Steve

Congrats. Hope you like Texas. What city? There are so many to choose from! It will definitely be cheaper than CA at least.

Hell yeah Texas ftw. Yeah what city are you going to be in? If you pass by/through Lubbock, let me know. Coming from Cali, I guess it's possible that you might?

I am headed to McKinney, Tx. Its about 60 miles Northeast of Dallas.

I'm moving to Ft. Worth in July. We'll be about 45 mins apart.
You should go through Lubbock on the way instead of Amarillo like Mapquest gives you. It takes the same amount of time and is the same distance, but Amarillo and Wichita Falls suck, and 287 is a smaller crappier road than 20. Also, that way has about 50835084608245 small Deliverance-style towns lol. Speeding, even like 5 over, within about 20 miles of any town in a horrible idea. Oh and once you hit Denton County, you better hope you develop the most amazing driving skills ever, because they'll pull you over for ANYTHING. Wise County is pretty bad for that too, and Parker is the worst (also has the highest number of DUI arrests in the nation).

Congrats on the new position. Not a whole lot I can do to butcher the TX, though. This calls for some creative googling!

Congrats vft, hope everything turns out well. So what kinda line of work are you going in? construction? Good luck.

It must be an extra fabulous position to make up for moving to East Texas. Good luck and I hope everything works out. A CP grower will make all kinds of complicated arrangements for the plants and then drive off forgetting the wife and kids standing at the curb.

Congrats on the new job, I hope you like it and tx. I hope you'll be leaving after the Coca-cola 600. Maybe you should leave before the start because I'm going to massacre you in the points, you don't need to be thinking about how bad I beat you on your long drive.

Congrats!!

One of or NECPS members just moved to Dallas. Maybe you guys could start a North Texas CP society.

If anything CP oriented gets going in Dallas, let me know! I love Dallas and am there on a regular basis... I'd love to be involved. :)

Best of luck on the move, Steve!

Congrats on the new job, I hope you like it and tx. I hope you'll be leaving after the Coca-cola 600. Maybe you should leave before the start because I'm going to massacre you in the points, you don't need to be thinking about how bad I beat you on your long drive.

Actually the plan is to leave right after the race. It really doesnt matter as far as the points go cause they never post the updates for a couple hours after the race anyway and I will be long gone by then. I will get to wonder how I did the whole way out there. I dont have a laptop, and Im not taking my PC, so I wont have internet access untill I get there.

So what kinda line of work are you going in? construction?

Yes, sorta. I am going to be the general superintendant of Medallion Pools. We are a swimming pool installation company. Basicly I will be the #2 man in the company and I will be responsable for coordinating between the homeowners, home builders, and the various subcontractors that do the actual installation. Its a big step up in my career and a fabulous opportunity to finally get out of the ditches and enjoy being a "boss".

Cheers
Steve

If you PM me your cell number before you leave, I'll text you the points when they are posted.

Its a big step up in my career and a fabulous opportunity to finally get out of the ditches and enjoy being a "boss".

And a way to make more $$$$$ so you can buy more plants

OK! I am here in McKinney!!!

It was a long drive and it poured rain on me the whole last 100 miles or so, but I survived the trip and am now in Texas!

Glad you made it in good shape, I don't know how you can drive like that. It would kill my back.

BTW I need a pool in my back yard. Can I get the terraforums discount ? I even throw in a hippo cutting some guy is gonna send me.

Congrats! It's good to hear you got there safely. Good luck and have fun with your new awesome, well deserved job :woot: :bigthumpup:

Congratulations on the new position
We have a new and small campus being built in McKinney, so I plant to be down there a lot in the near future.

Best wishes in this new chapter of your life.

Back