What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst thing you do

MrFlyTrap2

OMG h8 pings
What are some of the worst maintenance tasks that you have to do in relation to your CP hobby?

For me, it's cleaning out the humidifier. Currently I'm using a heat based one, and it boils away the water leaving nasty mineral buildup that has to be cleaned every few months. It's disgusting looking and I hate doing it.

What's your worst CP related task?

Ditto on the humdifier. Cleaning out the moldy gunk is enough to make me lose my tea. :puke:
2nd, having to put them in the car while I'm moving. It is just hell. That would be number one but it doesn't happen much.

I hate transporting them between school and home on breaks. Very annoying.

MFT, if you clean your humidifier every 3 days or so, it won't be so nasty!

I hate cleaning underneath my shelf. The water accumulates of the paper and I have to squeeze my arm through the tiny 2 - 3 inch gap to reach the water with a cloth.

I freaking freaking hate moving. DAMN! it messes up my mood for the day even. I just hate disturbing them.

Repotting: Acutally isn't too bad. But yeah...it pisses me off that it will take a while before the plant grows back to look natural in the pot.

I love my plants and any thing I do for them that might seem tedious I do with cheer, the other day I cleaned out all my water trays and scrubbed them and wiped off each side of every plant pot, wiping off peat debris and clinging algae perlite etc.

I love my plants and any thing I do for them that might seem tedious I do with cheer, the other day I cleaned out all my water trays and scrubbed them and wiped off each side of every plant pot, wiping off peat debris and clinging algae perlite etc.

Are you feeling ok? Just kidding. :-))

Are you feeling ok?

Well I didn't want to be another complainer, I though I might hijack this thread and turn it around. I am so blessed to be able to grow such fascinating plants and the fact that people are complaining about having to maintain them makes me sick.
:puke:

Not enough room for my CPs and getting the proper room with good conditions.

dropping the plant is a real *****

Lol im with HPLH, once in awile I will drop a plant and the soil goes every were on the carpet..Another bad thing is cleaning out the water that sits on the bottom rotting in the terrarium.

Other than dropping something, emptying out old, gross water from the bottom of the terrarium.

Trying to get the water in the water trays level.

My greenhouse is built on a slope, which I had to level by hand. Sure it looks level, until you pour the water in!

Back